The Massachusetts Minutemen (1-1) will be at home in William D. Mullins Center when they challenge the Niagara Purple Eagles (1-1). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 144.5 points with Massachusetts opening as a 4.5-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 12 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 19, 2017.
Niagara Purple Eagles vs. Massachusetts Minutemen Odds Preview
In the Purple Eagles last outing, they were blown out by the No. 14 Minnesota Golden Gophers, 107-81. Niagaras Matt Scott put together a good performance, contributing 17 points and 11 rebounds. Minnesota had a much better turnover percentage (4.4 vs. 9.8). Niagara, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of making free throws (14-14; 100.0 percent).
The Minutemen are hoping for a better outcome after their 70-67 loss to the Harvard Crimson in their last contest. Luwane Pipkins led Massachusetts in scoring with 23 points on 8-for-19 shooting. Harvard did an excellent job of making free throws (18-23; 78.3 percent). Massachusetts, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (19.8 vs. 22.1).
Massachusetts could dominate on the defensive side of the ball as they go head-to-head against one of the nations worst offenses. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Minutemen rank 37th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.468), while Niagara is 309th in effective field goal percentage (0.476).
The Purple Eagles are 11-24 straight up (SU) and 14-19 against the spread (ATS) since last season. Since last season, Niagara games have had a tendency to go over the projected point total (54.5 percent).
Meanwhile, the Minutemen, have records of 16-19 SU and 13-15-1 ATS since last season. Massachusetts games have gone under the projected point total 51.7 percent of the time over that same stretch.
Niagara Purple Eagles at Massachusetts Minutemen ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Niagara, ATS Winner – Niagara, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Minutemen rank 38th in three pointers allowed per game (18.6) while the Purple Eagles rank 224th (22.4).
- Niagara averages 38.3 rebounds per game, which ranks 56th in the nation. Massachusetts ranks 222nd in rebounds allowed per game (36.7).
- Massachusetts ranks 42nd in assists per game (15.8) while Niagara ranks 279th in assists allowed per game (15.7).
- The Minutemen rank 19th in blocks per game (5.1) while the Purple Eagles rank 246th in blocks allowed per game (4.3).
- Massachusetts ranks 31st in steals per game (7.6) while Niagara ranks 242nd (5.1).