The Marist Red Foxes (6-18, 5-10 MAAC) welcome the Niagara Purple Eagles (9-17, 7-8 MAAC) to McCann Center. The Purple Eagles will attempt to snap a five-game road losing streak. Action starts at 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, February 23, 2020.
Niagara Purple Eagles vs. Marist Red Foxes Betting Odds
Both teams fell in their last game. The Red Foxes lost to the Monmouth Hawks, 65-61, while the Purple Eagles lost a close one to the Fairfield Stags, 61-60.
Niagara did an excellent job of making free throws (13-17; 76.5 percent) while Marist held Monmouth to an effective field goal percentage of 0.385 (below their season average of 0.469). Braden Bell played a key role for Marist with 12 points and eight rebounds. Niagara rallied around James Towns, who put up 16 points, six rebounds and five assists.
In their first matchup this season, Michael Cubbage led the Red Foxes to a 67-48 win. He recorded a double-double with 12 points and 11 rebounds. Marist out-rebounded Niagara. The Red Foxes had more offensive rebounds (12 vs. 3), defensive rebounds (29 vs. 24) and total rebounds (41 vs. 27).
Half-court execution will be critical when two of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams clash. Marist ranks 254th in possessions per game (67.6) and Niagara is 294th (66.8).
Niagara Purple Eagles at Marist Red Foxes ATS Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Niagara, ATS Winner – Niagara, O/U – Over
- Niagara ranks ninth in steals allowed per game (4.7) while Marist ranks 136th (6.6).
- The Red Foxes rank 11th in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while the Purple Eagles rank 108th (3.3).
- Marist averages 22.0 three pointers per game, which ranks 145th in the country. Niagara ranks 231st in three pointers allowed per game (24.1).
- The Red Foxes rank 137th in assists allowed per game (12.5) while the Purple Eagles rank 259th (16.1).
- Marist ranks 191st in rebounds per game (34.5) while Niagara ranks 299th (27.5).
- The Red Foxes’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 1.2, down from 5.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Purple Eagles have scored an average of 64.6 points per game (1.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.8 points per game (3.2 below their season average).