The BYU Cougars (2-1) will be at home in Marriott Center when they meet the Niagara Purple Eagles (1-2). BYU is a 12-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 159.5 points. Action gets underway at 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 21, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN Full Court.
Niagara Purple Eagles vs. BYU Cougars Free Preview
In the Purple Eagles last contest, they got blown out by the Massachusetts Minutemen, 101-76. Matt Scott had a good performance for Niagara, leading the team in scoring with 26 points on 10-for-13 shooting. Massachusetts had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (51.9 vs. 23.5). Niagara, on the other hand, did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (18-22; 81.8 percent).
The Cougars are trying to rebound after their 89-75 loss to the UT Arlington Mavericks in their last outing. With 15 points and eight rebounds, BYUs Dalton Nixon had a good outing. UT Arlington had a much better turnover percentage (12.9 vs. 18.1). BYU, on the other hand, did an excellent job of converting from the free throw line (19-22; 86.4 percent).
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, BYU figures to have a noteworthy advantage. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Cougars defense ranks 79th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.481), while the Niagara offense ranks 308th in effective field goal percentage (0.476). ,
The Purple Eagles are 11-25 straight up (SU) and 14-20 against the spread (ATS) since last season. Since last season, games including Niagara have had a tendency to go over the O/U total (55.9 percent).
The Cougars are 24-12 SU since last season, but are just 13-18-2 ATS. Just over half of BYUs games have finished under the O/U total over that same time frame.
Niagara Purple Eagles at BYU Cougars Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – BYU, ATS Winner – BYU, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Purple Eagles rank 85th in steals allowed per game (5.7) while the Cougars rank 239th (6.9).
- Niagara averages 20.3 three pointers per game, which ranks 200th in the nation. BYU ranks 282nd in three pointers allowed per game (24.4).
- BYU ranks sixth in rebounds per game (41.0) while Niagara ranks 294th in rebounds allowed per game (38.9).
- The Cougars rank 48th in assists per game (15.6) while the Purple Eagles rank 293rd in assists allowed per game (15.8).
- BYU ranks 35th in blocks per game (4.8) while Niagara ranks 248th in blocks allowed per game (4.3).