The Niagara Purple Eagles (5-5) will travel to Christl Arena to square off with the Army West Point Black Knights (5-7). The game starts at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 22, 2018.
Niagara Purple Eagles at Army West Point Black Knights Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious over their last opponent. The Black Knights defeated the Marist Red Foxes 73-69, while the Purple Eagles beat the St. Bonaventure Bonnies 80-72.
Niagara dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.306 and a turnover percentage of 14.1. For those same stats, St. Bonaventure recorded marks of 0.029 and 17.8, respectively. Meanwhile, Army West Point’s turnover percentage was their largest strength over Marist. The Black Knights had a rate of 8.6, while the Red Foxes posted a mark of 16.1. Matt Wilson put together a good outing for Army West Point with 24 points and six rebounds. Niagara received a boost from Marvin Prochet, who put up 20 points and 10 rebounds.
The Purple Eagles won the lone game between these two teams last season, 77-71. Getting to the charity stripe was one of Niagara’s largest advantages. They made 30 trips to the line, while Army West Point went just seven times. This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
Tommy Funk and Wilson have played at a high level over the last five games for Army West Point. Funk has averaged 0 points, while Wilson has put up 0 points a game during that span.
Getting to the line might be few and far between for Army West Point in this contest. The Black Knights currently rank 339th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.143, while Niagara ranks 46th in FTA rate allowed (0.180).
Niagara Purple Eagles at Army West Point Black Knights Free Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Army West Point, O/U – Over
- Army West Point ranks 29th in assists per game (17.1) while Niagara ranks 206th (11.0).
- The Black Knights rank 41st in three pointers attempted per game (30.2) while the Purple Eagles rank 114th in three pointers allowed per game (22.0).
- Niagara ranks 53rd in blocks per game (4.1) while Army West Point ranks 109th in blocks allowed per game (4.1).
- The Purple Eagles average 39.2 rebounds per game, which ranks 48th in the country. The Black Knights rank 185th in rebounds allowed per game (39.3).
- Niagara ranks 23rd in steals allowed per game (5.0) while Army West Point ranks 109th (6.7).
- The Black Knights’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 9.2, up from 1.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Purple Eagles have scored an average of 69.0 points per game (0.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.6 points per game (0.9 below their season average).