A six-game home winning streak is on the line for the Monmouth Hawks (10-7, 4-2 MAAC) when they take on the Niagara Purple Eagles (6-11, 4-2 MAAC) at OceanFirst Bank Center. The game begins at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, January 24, 2020.
Niagara Purple Eagles at Monmouth Hawks Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Hawks were victorious over the Manhattan Jaspers 65-58, while the Purple Eagles edged the Siena Saints 72-71.
The Purple Eagles had a turnover percentage of 10.7 (better than their season average of 14.5) and had a free throw rate of 0.375 (above their season average of 0.160). Meanwhile, Monmouth’s 0.537 effective field goal percentage was their largest strength over Manhattan, who had a mark of 0.404. The Hawks’ mark was above their season average of 0.468, while the Jaspers’ was below their season average of 0.468. Monmouth received a boost from Ray Salnave, who contributed 16 points, eight rebounds and five assists. Raheem Solomon fueled Niagara with 16 points and six rebounds.
This was a highly contested series last year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the most recent matchup, the Hawks won 76-72. The Hawks’ offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest strength over the Purple Eagles. Monmouth had a rate of 24.3, while Niagara posted a mark of 15.6. This will be the first game of the year between these two teams.
Based on each team’s statistical profile, ball security could play a key role in this contest. Niagara commits the 12th-fewest miscues in the NCAA (turnover percentage of 15.7 percent), while the disruptive defense of Monmouth forces the 53rd-most (opponents’ turnover percentage of 22.5 percent).
Niagara Purple Eagles vs. Monmouth Hawks Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Monmouth, ATS Winner – Niagara, O/U – Over
- Monmouth ranks 102nd in assists allowed per game (12.1) while Niagara ranks 239th (16.6).
- The Purple Eagles average 27.4 rebounds per game, which ranks 286th in the NCAA. The Hawks rank 232nd in rebounds allowed per game (38.4).
- The Hawks rank 104th in three pointers allowed per game (20.9) while the Purple Eagles rank 227th (24.7).
- Niagara ranks 13th in steals allowed per game (4.8) while Monmouth ranks 89th (6.2).
- During their last five games, the Purple Eagles have scored an average of 66.0 points per game (1.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.4 points per game (7.0 below their season average).
- The Hawks have outscored opponents by an average of 6.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Monmouth has been defeated by an average of 1.6 points.