The Niagara Purple Eagles (1-0) and their great offense travel to Loyola Chicago to take on the Ramblers (1-1) and their tremendous defense. The game starts at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 14, 2018.
Niagara Purple Eagles vs. Loyola Chicago Ramblers Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Ramblers lost a tough one against the Furman Paladins, 60-58, while the Purple Eagles defeated the St. Bonaventure Bonnies, 80-72.
Niagara played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.306 and a turnover percentage of 14.1. St. Bonaventure had marks of 0.029 and 17.8, respectively, for those same stats. Loyola Chicago, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.278 vs. 0.218). Lucas Williamson was a key piece for Loyola Chicago with 12 points and 11 rebounds. Meanwhile, Niagara was led by Marvin Prochet, who had 20 points and 10 rebounds.
The elite offense of Loyola Chicago will clash against the porous defense of Niagara. Since the 2017-18 season, the Ramblers offense ranks 10th in effective field goal percentage (0.574), while the Niagara defense ranks 282nd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.525). The Ramblers figure to have the advantage on that end of the court. It will also be a matchup of contrasting paces as the up-tempo Purple Eagles rank 19th in possessions per game, while the slower-paced Ramblers rank 339th.
Niagara Purple Eagles vs. Loyola Chicago Ramblers Betting Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Loyola Chicago, ATS Winner – Loyola Chicago, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Loyola Chicago ranks 15th in rebounds allowed per game (30.7) while Niagara ranks 298th (38.9).
- The Purple Eagles rank 26th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while the Ramblers rank 211th (6.8).
- Niagara ranks 126th in three pointers attempted per game (22.9) while Loyola Chicago ranks 284th (18.6).
- The Ramblers rank 37th in assists allowed per game (11.4) while the Purple Eagles rank 288th (16.2).
- Niagara ranks 36th in blocks per game (4.5) while Loyola Chicago ranks 229th (2.5).