The Niagara Purple Eagles (3-11, 1-2 MAAC) visit Hynes Athletics Center to square off with the Iona Gaels (3-7, 1-2 MAAC). The Purple Eagles will attempt to end a five-game road losing streak. The game begins at 1 p.m. ET on Sunday, January 12, 2020.
Niagara Purple Eagles vs. Iona Gaels ATS Odds
In their last game, the Gaels edged the Rider Broncs, 69-66, while the Purple Eagles lost to the Quinnipiac Bobcats, 67-56.
The Gaels, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.470, had a great mark of 0.596 and held the Broncs to an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.6 (below their season average of 32.3). Niagara, meanwhile, forced Quinnipiac into a turnover percentage of 20.5 (above their season average of 16.3). E.J. Crawford played well for Iona, contributing 22 points and five rebounds. Marcus Hammond, meanwhile played a pivotal role for Niagara with 36 points and five rebounds.
This series was highly competitive last year, as the teams split their two games last season. In the most recent contest, the Gaels won 79-76. The Gaels’ 12.7 turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Purple Eagles, who had a mark of 21.2. This will be the first meeting of the year between these two teams.
Niagara at Iona ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Iona, ATS Winner – Iona, O/U – Under
- Iona averages 25.0 three pointers per game, which ranks 66th in the country. Niagara ranks 233rd in three pointers allowed per game (25.4).
- The Gaels rank 153rd in assists per game (12.7) while the Purple Eagles rank 234th in assists allowed per game (16.8).
- Iona ranks 19th in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while Niagara ranks 80th (3.3).
- The Purple Eagles rank 20th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while the Gaels rank 179th (8.3).
- Iona ranks 157th in rebounds allowed per game (35.9) while Niagara ranks 247th (40.2).
- The Purple Eagles’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 8.2, down from 10.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Gaels have scored an average of 68.8 points per game (1.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 80.6 points per game (6.5 above their season average).