The Niagara Purple Eagles (9-16, 7-7 MAAC) will be at Webster Bank Arena at Harbor Yard to take on the Fairfield Stags (10-15, 6-8 MAAC) in a MAAC matchup. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, February 21, 2020.
Niagara Purple Eagles vs. Fairfield Stags Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Stags fell to the Saint Peter’s Peacocks, 61-44, while the Purple Eagles were victorious over the Monmouth Hawks, 77-72.
The Purple Eagles knocked down 16 of their 20 free throws (80.0 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.598 (above their season average of 0.490). Fairfield, meanwhile, had a free throw rate of 0.245 (above their season average of 0.237). Jesus Cruz had a solid game for Fairfield with nine points. Meanwhile, Niagara rallied around Marcus Hammond, who contributed 26 points and 12 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Raheem Solomon led the Purple Eagles to a 75-66 win. He recorded 15 points and five rebounds. Niagara’s 0.192 free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Fairfield, who had a rate of 0.133.
Half-court execution will be critical when two of the nation’s slowest-paced teams battle. Fairfield currently ranks 339th in possessions per game (64.8) and Niagara is 288th (67.1).
Niagara Purple Eagles at Fairfield Stags ATS Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Niagara, ATS Winner – Niagara, O/U – Under
- Fairfield ranks 50th in rebounds allowed per game (32.3) while Niagara ranks 284th (40.0).
- The Purple Eagles rank 10th in steals allowed per game (4.8) while the Stags rank 100th (6.2).
- The Stags rank 76th in assists allowed per game (11.6) while the Purple Eagles rank 258th (16.4).
- Fairfield ranks 79th in three pointers allowed per game (20.0) while Niagara ranks 249th (24.4).
- During their last five games, the Stags have scored an average of 51.8 points per game (7.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 62.0 points per game (1.4 below their season average).
- The Purple Eagles’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 1.8, down from 7.4 for the season.