The New York Rangers, fueled by Kevin Hayes and Mika Zibanejad, are ready to take the ice against Ryan Johansen, Roman Josi, and the Nashville Predators at Bridgestone Arena in an East-West showdown. The game gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 29, and you’ll be able to catch it live on Fox Sports Tennesse.
New York Rangers vs. Nashville Predators Odds
The Predators (-250) are tabbed as the favorites over the Rangers (+210), and oddsmakers have set the Over/Under (O/U) at an even 6 goals (-110 for the over, -110 for the under).
Even though its record stands at 22-16 straight up (SU), Nashville has produced 2.0 units for moneyline bettors this season. 20 of its 38 outings have gone under the total, while 17 have gone over and just one has pushed. This season, the team is 14-6 SU at home.
The Predators have converted on just 14.7 percent of their power play opportunities this season, a mark that’s ranked 27th overall in the NHL. On the other hand, their penalty kill is ranked 12th overall, and they’ve successfully killed off 81.1 percent of all penalties.
Averaging 24.6 saves per game with a .925 save percentage, Pekka Rinne (15-12-2) has been the most dependable goalkeeper for Nashville this season. If the Preds, however, decide to give him the evening off, Nashville may turn to Juuse Saros (8-7-7 record, .894 save percentage, 3.05 goals against average).
New York has lost 2.9 units for bettors taking the moneyline thus far and is currently 15-21 straight up (SU). Through 36 regular season matches, 18 of its games have gone over the total, while another 18 have gone under the total and none have pushed. As an away team , the Rangers are 4-12 SU.
The Rangers have converted on 20.0 percent of their power play opportunities this season, a figure that’s right around league average. On the other hand, its penalty kill unit is ranked 25th overall and it’s successfully defended 76.8 percent of all opponent power plays.
Henrik Lundqvist (2.87 goals against average and .913 save percentage) has been the primary option in goal for New York. Lundqvist is averaging 30.3 saves per game and has 10 wins, 17 losses, and seven OT losses to his credit.
New York Rangers at Nashville Predators Betting Predictions
Prediction: SU Winner – Predators, O/U – Under
- The Rangers (5-2 in shootouts) has more shootout experience coming into this one. The Predators has only participated in a couple of shootouts this year, winning one and losing the other.
- The total has gone under in three of Nashville’s last five games.
- New York has managed 25.8 shot attempts per game over its last five road games while Nashville has been attempting 34.4 shots per game over its last five at home.
- Four of New York’s last ten games have been decided by two goals or more. The team is 1-3 in those games.
- New York skaters have accounted for the sixth-most hits in the league (26.1 per game).