Atlantic Division foes will collide when the Toronto Raptors (9-5) go head-to-head against the New York Knicks (8-6) at Air Canada Centre. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 217.5 points with Toronto opening as a 7.5-point favorite. Action gets underway at 7:30 p.m. ET on Friday, November 17, 2017, and it can be seen on CTV Sportsnet Toronto.
New York Knicks at Toronto Raptors Betting Preview
The Knicks beat the Utah Jazz in their last game, 106-101. Tim Hardaway Jr. led New York in scoring with 26 points on 7-for-15 shooting. New York played a nearly flawless game. They had a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 30.0 (above their season average of 26.9) and a turnover percentage of 10.7 (better than their season average of 14.5). Utah recorded marks of 21.4 and 13.9, respectively, for those same stats.
The last time the Raptors played, they beat the New Orleans Pelicans, 125-116. Toronto’s Kyle Lowry had a solid performance, contributing 22 points, 11 rebounds and nine assists. The Raptors knocked down 19 of their 20 free throws (95.0 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.697 (above their season average of 0.538).
Toronto could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their prolific offense faces off against one of the worst defenses in the league. The Raptors currently rank second in offensive efficiency, while New York ranks 21st in defensive efficiency.
Of New York’s 14 games, seven have finished over the projected point total, while 8 of Toronto’s 14 games have finished over the O/U total. The Raptors have the superior straight up (SU) record (9-5 vs. 8-6), but the Knicks hold the sizable advantage against the spread (ATS) (9-5 vs. 8-6).
Lowry has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Toronto, averaging 15.0 points and 6.2 assists per game.
This is the first time these teams will meet this year, after the Raptors won all four meetings last season. In the most recent game, Toronto won 110-97. The Raptors dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.260 and a great effective field goal percentage of 0.584. For those same stats, the Knicks put up marks of 0.171 and 0.506, respectively.
New York Knicks vs. Toronto Raptors Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Raptors, ATS Winner – Knicks, O/U – Over
- The Raptors rank eighth in fast break points per game (11.5) while the Knicks rank 28th (5.9).
- New York ranks eighth in assists per game (23.1) while Toronto ranks 18th in assists allowed per game (23.0).
- New York ranks first in points allowed in the paint per game (37.6) while Toronto ranks 20th (46.0).
- Toronto ranks ninth in blocks per game (5.4) while New York ranks 12th in blocks allowed per game (4.7).
- New York is 1-3 ATS on the road, while Toronto is 2-3 ATS at home.
- The Knicks have gone under in all 4 of their road games.
- The Raptors have 4 overs and 1 under in 5 home games.
- New York is 3-0 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Toronto is 3-1.
- In games where they score over 100 points, the Raptors and Knicks are both 8-2.
- The Knicks rank 12th in rebounds per game (44.7) while the Raptors rank 25th (40.8).
- Toronto averages 21.2 points off turnovers per game, which ranks first in the NBA. New York ranks 26th in points off turnovers allowed per game (19.6).
- The Raptors rank sixth in three pointers attempted per game (31.2) while the Knicks rank last in three pointers allowed per game (34.1).
- The Raptors average 8.6 steals per game, which ranks seventh in the NBA. The Knicks rank 14th in steals allowed per game (8.1).
- New York ranks first in second chance points per game (17.1) while Toronto ranks 24th in second chance points allowed per game (14.0).
- Toronto is 2-3 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, New York is 4-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Raptors’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.6, up from 5.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Knicks have scored an average of 108.4 points per game (2.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 104.2 points per game (0.4 below their season average).