The New York Knicks (4-19) and the Portland Trail Blazers (9-15) face off at Moda Center at the Rose Quarter. The Knicks are 9-point underdogs and look to put an end to their nine-game losing streak. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 218.5 points and it is scheduled to start at 10 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 10, 2019.
New York Knicks vs. Portland Trail Blazers Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last matchup. The Trail Blazers (3.5-point favorites) were defeated by the Oklahoma City Thunder, 108-96, while the Knicks (5.5-point underdogs) fell to the Indiana Pacers, 104-103. The Portland game finished 18.5 points under the projected point total of 222.5, while the New York game went 2 points under the projected point total of 209.
New York held Indiana to an offensive rebounding percentage of 11.9 (below their season average of 22.7) while Portland had a better turnover percentage (6.9 vs. 9.1). Portland’s Hassan Whiteside led the way, putting up 14 points, 10 rebounds and five blocks. Julius Randle, meanwhile played a key role for New York with 16 points and 12 rebounds.
The Trail Blazers dominated this series last year, winning both games. In the last matchup, Portland won 111-101. Portland had a better effective field goal percentage (0.535 vs. 0.444). New York, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (9.8 vs. 12.5). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Of the Knicks’ 23 games, 15 have finished under the total. New York heads into the contest with records of 4-19 straight up (SU) and 10-12-1 against the spread (ATS).
In opposition of New York, Trail Blazers games have a slight tendency to go over the O/U total (50.0 percent). Further, Portland owns records of 9-15 SU and 10-13-1 ATS.
The offensive glass should be a major advantage for New York in this meeting. The Knicks are among the league’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking first in offensive rebounding percentage at 25.2 percent. Meanwhile, Portland ranks 24th in the NBA at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 75.8 percent.
New York Knicks at Portland Trail Blazers Free Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Trail Blazers, ATS Winner – Knicks, O/U – Under
- The Trail Blazers rank 14th in three pointers attempted per game (33.4) while the Knicks rank 19th in three pointers allowed per game (34.7).
- New York averages 14.7 second chance points per game, which ranks fifth in the NBA. Portland ranks last in second chance points allowed per game (16.0).
- The Trail Blazers rank 13th in fast break points per game (13.5) while the Knicks rank 28th (10.3).
- Portland ranks fourth in blocks per game (6.2) while New York ranks 18th (4.8).
- New York ranks fourth in points allowed in the paint per game (42.5) while Portland ranks 13th (47.7).
- The Knicks rank 11th in points off turnovers per game (18.0) while the Trail Blazers rank last (13.4).
- The Knicks rank 17th in rebounds allowed per game (45.7) while the Trail Blazers rank 27th (48.4).
- Portland ranks 29th in assists per game (20.1) while New York ranks last (20.0).
- New York ranks 11th in steals per game (8.0) while Portland ranks 28th (6.0).
- New York is 1-1 when they allow less than 100 points, while Portland is 2-0.
- The Knicks are 4-11 when they score more than 100 points, while the Trail Blazers are 9-12.
- New York is 5-5 ATS on the road, while Portland is 3-7 ATS at home.
- In 10 road games, the Knicks have 5 overs and 5 unders.
- In 10 home games, the Trail Blazers have 6 overs and 4 unders.
- In their last five games, New York and Portland have both had 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Knicks are 1-3-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Trail Blazers are 1-4.
- The Knicks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 19.4, up from 10.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Trail Blazers have scored an average of 108.0 points per game (4.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 116.0 points per game (0.6 above their season average).