The Detroit Pistons (3-5) will be at home in Little Caesars Arena when they square off against the New York Knicks (1-6). Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 6, 2019, and can be seen on Fox Sports – Detroit.
New York Knicks vs. Detroit Pistons Betting Odds
Both teams did not cover as underdogs in their last contest. The Pistons (3.5-point underdogs) were defeated by the Washington Wizards, 115-99, while the Knicks (1.5-point underdogs) fell to the Sacramento Kings, 113-92. The Detroit game finished 11.5 points under the projected point total of 225.5, while the New York game finished 8 points under the projected point total of 213.
New York had a free throw rate of 0.250 (above their season average of 0.197) while Detroit had an offensive rebounding percentage of 31.7 (above their season average of 20.8). Detroit rallied around Andre Drummond, who put up 15 points and 24 rebounds. Meanwhile, Marcus Morris played a pivotal role for New York with 28 points and six rebounds.
The Pistons dominated this series last year, winning all four games. In the last contest, Detroit won 115-89. Detroit won the rebounding battle. The Pistons had more offensive rebounds (11 vs. four), defensive rebounds (45 vs. 29) and total rebounds (56 vs. 33).
Games featuring the Knicks have a tendency to finish under the total (85.7 percent). New York has a respectable 4-3 record against the spread (ATS), despite being 1-6 straight up (SU).
Of the Pistons’ eight games, four have finished over the O/U total. Additionally, Detroit is 3-5 SU and 3-5 ATS.
Detroit appears to have an edge on the offensive glass in this battle. Dating back to last season, the Pistons rank eighth in offensive rebounding percentage (24.4 percent), while New York ranks 24th in defensive rebounding percentage (76.3 percent).
New York Knicks vs. Detroit Pistons Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Knicks, ATS Winner – Knicks, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- The Pistons rank 22nd in points in the paint per game (44.8) while the Knicks rank 26th (43.8).
- Detroit ranks fifth in rebounds allowed per game (43.8) while New York ranks 29th (47.5).
- The Knicks rank 13th in blocks per game (5.1) while the Pistons rank 28th (4.2).
- New York ranks 24th in fast break points per game (11.1) while Detroit ranks last (10.0).
- Detroit is 25th in the NBA with 22.5 assists per game while New York is last with 20.0 assists per game.
- The Pistons rank third in second chance points allowed per game (11.5) while the Knicks rank 21st (13.9).
- The Pistons rank 21st in points off turnovers per game (15.8) while the Knicks rank 26th (15.0).
- Detroit ranks first in three pointers allowed per game (28.2) while New York ranks 17th (32.7).
- When holding opponents below 100 points, New York is 5-2 and Detroit is 17-3.
- When reaching 100 points, the Knicks are 17-40 and the Pistons are 39-31.