The New York Knicks (17-40) will travel to the Spectrum Center to clash with the Charlotte Hornets (19-38). The Knicks opened as 1-point favorites. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 206 points and it can be seen on MSG Network at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 26, 2020.
New York Knicks at Charlotte Hornets Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last outing. The Hornets (4.5-point favorites) were defeated by the Indiana Pacers, 119-80, while the Knicks (13.5-point underdogs) fell to the Houston Rockets, 123-112. The Charlotte game went 11 points under the projected point total of 210, while the New York game went 8 points over the projected point total of 227.
New York had an offensive rebounding percentage of 32.7 (above their season average of 25.2) while Charlotte had a better turnover percentage (8.9 vs. 13.2). Charlotte’s Miles Bridges played well, putting up 17 points and six rebounds. Meanwhile, Julius Randle was a key piece for New York with 17 points and 12 rebounds.
The Hornets have won both contests against the Knicks this season. In their most recent game, the two teams combined to score 189 points, well under the projected point total of 208.5. Charlotte won 97-92, covering as a 2-point favorite. One of Charlotte’s biggest advantages was getting to the free throw line. They had 27 free throw attempts, while New York had just 11. Terry Rozier put up a double-double in the victory with 30 points and 10 rebounds.
Games including the Knicks have a tendency to go under the O/U total (57.9 percent). New York holds records of 17-40 straight up (SU) and 29-26-2 against the spread (ATS).
Much like New York, games including the Hornets have a slight tendency to finish under the projected point total (51.8 percent). Additionally, Charlotte is 19-38 SU and 26-28-2 ATS.
The offensive glass could be a major advantage for New York in this battle. The Knicks rank first in offensive rebounding percentage (25.3 percent), while Charlotte ranks 30th in defensive rebounding percentage (74.7 percent).
New York Knicks at Charlotte Hornets Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Knicks, ATS Winner – Knicks, O/U – Under
- The Hornets average 16.1 points off turnovers per game, which ranks 21st in the league. The Knicks rank 22nd in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.5).
- New York ranks fourth in points allowed in the paint per game (43.6) while Charlotte ranks 23rd (51.0).
- The Hornets rank 12th in three pointers attempted per game (34.4) while the Knicks rank 28th (29.3).
- New York ranks 14th in assists allowed per game (24.1) while Charlotte ranks last (26.8).
- New York ranks 15th in steals per game (7.8) while Charlotte ranks 26th (6.6).
- The Knicks rank sixth in rebounds per game (46.5) while the Hornets rank 25th (42.9).
- The Hornets rank third in fast break points allowed per game (11.7) while the Knicks rank 18th (13.5).
- New York averages 15.1 second chance points per game, which ranks first in the NBA. Charlotte ranks 19th in second chance points allowed per game (13.4).
- When allowing under 100 points, New York is 7-3 and Charlotte is 6-0.
- In games where they reach the century mark, the Knicks are 14-24 and the Hornets are 15-21.
- Charlotte is 9-14-2 ATS at home, while New York is 16-12-1 ATS on the road.
- Of the Knicks’ 29 road games, they have 15 unders and 14 overs.
- The Hornets have 14 unders and 11 overs in 25 home games.
- The Hornets are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Knicks are 2-2-1.
- In their last five games, Charlotte has 4 unders and 1 over, while New York has 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Hornets’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 8.0, up from 7.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Knicks have scored an average of 107.2 points per game (2.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 115.0 points per game (3.2 above their season average).