The Atlanta Hawks (3-15) will be at home in Philips Arena when they challenge the New York Knicks (10-7). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 208 points with New York opening as a 2-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. ET on Friday, November 24, 2017, and it can be seen on MSG Network.
New York Knicks at Atlanta Hawks Betting Preview
The Knicks defeated the Toronto Raptors in their last game, 108-100. Tim Hardaway Jr. was the games high scorer with 38 points on 13-for-27 shooting. New York dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a superb turnover percentage of 9.9 (better than their season average of 14.2) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 30.2 (above their season average of 27.6). For those same stats, Toronto was 13.6 and 26.1, respectively.
The last time the Hawks played, they were beaten by the Los Angeles Clippers, 116-103. With 14 points and 10 rebounds, Atlanta’s John Collins put together a solid game. Los Angeles made 15 of their 30 three pointers (50.0 percent). Atlanta, meanwhile, held the Clippers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 18.2 (below their season average of 25.5).
The offensive glass should be a huge edge for New York in this battle. The Knicks are among the leagues elite on the offensive glass, ranking first in offensive rebounding percentage at 27.8 percent. Meanwhile, Atlanta ranks 30th in the league at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 74.0 percent.
Of New York’s 17 games, 10 have finished under the projected point total, while 9 of Atlanta’s 18 games have finished over the O/U total. The Knicks hold a clear advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 10-7 SU and 11-6 ATS, while the Hawks are 3-15 SU and 7-10-1 ATS.
Both teams have had a player trending in the right direction over their last five games. For the Knicks, it’s been Hardaway Jr. who has averaged 16.8 points, 5.6 rebounds, 4.0 assists and 1.6 steals, while the Hawks have gotten great contributions from Collins (13.4 points and 6.6 rebounds).
This is the first time these teams will clash this year, after the Hawks won three out of four contests last season. In the most recent matchup, Atlanta won 142-139. The Hawks dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.235 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 26.2. The Knicks were 0.148 and 24.2, respectively, for those same stats.
New York Knicks at Atlanta Hawks Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Knicks, ATS Winner – Knicks, O/U – Under
- The Knicks rank first in points allowed in the paint per game (38.7) while the Hawks rank 20th (45.2).
- Atlanta ranks 18th in three pointers attempted per game (27.6) while New York ranks 29th in three pointers allowed per game (33.7).
- Atlanta ranks fifth in points off turnovers per game (18.9) while New York ranks 24th in points off turnovers allowed per game (19.3).
- Atlanta ranks 20th in blocks per game (3.9) while New York ranks 22nd in blocks allowed per game (5.3).
- New York is 1-4 ATS on the road with 5 unders and 0 overs.
- Atlanta is 3-4 ATS at home with 5 overs, 1 under and 1 push.
- In games where they allow under 100 points, Atlanta is 1-2 and New York is 4-0.
- When reaching the century mark, the Hawks are 3-9 and the Knicks are 10-2.
- The Hawks rank third in steals per game (9.1) while the Knicks rank 20th (7.5).
- New York ranks second in second chance points per game (16.1) while Atlanta ranks 24th in second chance points allowed per game (13.9).
- The Knicks average 23.2 assists per game, which ranks eighth in the league. The Hawks rank 29th in assists allowed per game (25.6).
- The Hawks rank 16th in fast break points per game (9.2) while the Knicks rank 27th (6.4).
- New York ranks first in rebounds allowed per game (39.9) while Atlanta ranks 21st (45.2).
- Atlanta is 2-3 ATS with 2 overs, 2 unders and 1 push in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, New York is 4-1 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Hawks have outscored opponents by an average of 2.0 points in their last five games. On the season, Atlanta has been defeated by an average of 5.4 points.
- During their last five games, the Knicks have scored an average of 101.2 points per game (3.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 99.4 points per game (4.0 below their season average).