The New York Knicks (24-41), who are currently on a five-game losing streak, will try to get back in the win column when they head to BMO Harris Bradley Center to meet the Milwaukee Bucks (34-31). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 213.5 points with Milwaukee set as a 9.5-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Friday, March 9, 2018, and it can be seen on MSG Network.
New York Knicks vs. Milwaukee Bucks Odds Preview
The Knicks lost big to the Portland Trail Blazers in their last matchup, 111-87. New York’s Enes Kanter had 18 points and 11 rebounds in the game. Portland did an excellent job of making free throws (21-24; 87.5 percent). New York, meanwhile, forced the Trail Blazers into a turnover percentage of 17.2 (above their season average of 12.2).
The last time the Bucks played, they were thoroughly outplayed by the Houston Rockets, 110-99. With 18 points, 12 rebounds and five assists, Khris Middleton played well for Milwaukee. Houston had an offensive rebounding percentage of 27.3 (above their season average of 21.7). Milwaukee, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (12.5 vs. 14.6).
The aggressive Milwaukee offense might be getting to the foul line a lot in this showdown. The Bucks rank fourth in the NBA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.226, while New York ranks 21st in FTA rate allowed (0.202). Also, the Knicks rank 24th in turnover percentage (14.7 percent), while the Bucks rank fifth in opponents’ turnover percentage (14.9 percent).
Of New York’s 65 games, 33 have finished over the O/U total, while 32 of Milwaukee’s 65 games have finished under the projected point total. The Bucks have the better straight up (SU) record (34-31 vs. 24-41), but the Knicks have the superior against the spread (ATS) record (29-36 vs. 27-33-5).
These two teams have met twice already this season, with the Bucks winning both. Giannis Antetokounmpo had 23 points, 11 rebounds and six assists in the most recent game, in which the Bucks beat the Knicks 103-89, covering as 1.5-point underdogs. The two teams combined to put up 192 points, which was 16.5 points below the projected point total of 208.5 points. The Bucks dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.256 and a turnover percentage of 13.0. The Knicks were 0.112 and 15.1, respectively, for those same stats.
New York Knicks vs. Milwaukee Bucks Betting Prediction
Free NBA Pick: SU Winner – Bucks, ATS Winner – Knicks, O/U – Under
- The Bucks average 17.8 points off turnovers per game, which ranks sixth in the league. The Knicks rank 24th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.6).
- New York averages 46.5 points in the paint per game, which ranks seventh in the NBA. Milwaukee ranks 21st in points allowed in the paint per game (45.9).
- Milwaukee ranks 10th in fast break points per game (13.5) while New York ranks 28th (7.8).
- New York is 13-22 ATS on the road, while Milwaukee is 11-20-3 ATS at home.
- In 35 road games, the Knicks have 18 overs, 16 unders and 1 push.
- In 34 home games, the Bucks have 17 unders, 16 overs and 1 push.
- New York is 11-3 when they allow under 100 points, while Milwaukee is 16-5.
- The Bucks are 28-15 when they score over 100 points, while the Knicks are 23-21.
- The Knicks rank 12th in rebounds per game (44.1) while the Bucks rank last (39.5).
- New York ranks fifth in second chance points per game (13.6) while Milwaukee ranks 28th (10.4).
- The Bucks rank fifth in steals per game (8.5) while the Knicks rank 27th (6.8).
- The Bucks rank fifth in blocks allowed per game (4.3) while the Knicks rank 15th (4.8).
- Milwaukee ranks fifth in three pointers allowed per game (26.7) while New York ranks 24th (30.6).
- Milwaukee is 1-4 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, New York is 0-5 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Bucks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.2, up from 0.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Knicks have scored an average of 102.8 points per game (1.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 117.4 points per game (10.3 above their season average).