The New York Knicks (17-41) and the Philadelphia 76ers (36-23) battle at Wells Fargo Center. The Knicks will try to snap their five-game losing streak. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 27, 2020.
New York Knicks vs. Philadelphia 76ers ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last contest. The Knicks (13.5-point underdogs) were defeated by the Charlotte Hornets, 107-101, while the 76ers (8.5-point underdogs) fell to the Cleveland Cavaliers, 108-94. The New York game finished 19 points under the projected point total of 227, while the Philadelphia game went 24.5 points under the projected point total of 226.5.
New York had an offensive rebounding percentage of 32.5 (above their season average of 25.3) while Philadelphia forced Cleveland into a turnover percentage of 17.4 (above their season average of 14.0). Philadelphia’s Shake Milton had a solid performance, putting up 20 points. Mitchell Robinson played a pivotal role for New York with 12 points and 16 rebounds.
The 76ers have won all three contests against the Knicks this season. The two teams combined to put up 177 points in their most recent game, which was well under the projected point total of 218.5. Philadelphia won 90-87 but was unable to cover as a 4.5-point favorite. Philadelphia had a better free throw rate (0.154 vs. 0.125). New York, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (25.0 vs. 12.2). Ben Simmons was the game’s leading scorer with 21 points.
Vegas is known to place the total high when the Knicks are involved, as 33 of their 57 contests have gone under the total. New York heads into the game with records of 17-41 straight up (SU) and 29-26-2 against the spread (ATS).
Contrary to New York, 76ers games have a slight tendency to finish over the total (50.0 percent). Philadelphia is 36-23 SU, but they have difficulty covering the spread (25-29-4 ATS).
Philadelphia appears to have the advantage on the defensive side of the ball. The 76ers currently rank ninth in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.515), while New York is 28th in effective field goal percentage (0.495). Moreover, the Knicks rank first in offensive rebounding percentage (25.4 percent), while the 76ers rank second in defensive rebounding percentage (80.3 percent).
New York Knicks at Philadelphia 76ers Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Knicks, ATS Winner – Knicks, O/U – Under
- The 76ers rank 19th in points off turnovers per game (16.4) while the Knicks rank 22nd in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.5).
- New York ranks first in second chance points per game (15.1) while Philadelphia ranks 22nd (12.4).
- The 76ers rank ninth in assists per game (25.7) while the Knicks rank 28th (21.6).
- Philadelphia ranks second in blocks allowed per game (3.8) while New York ranks 18th (5.1).
- New York ranks fourth in points allowed in the paint per game (43.8) while Philadelphia ranks 12th (47.3).
- The 76ers rank ninth in fast break points per game (14.4) while the Knicks rank 29th (9.7).
- The 76ers rank third in rebounds allowed per game (42.4) while the Knicks rank 13th (44.9).
- Philadelphia ranks eighth in steals per game (8.3) while New York ranks 10th in steals allowed per game (7.1).
- Philadelphia ranks first in three pointers allowed per game (29.0) while New York ranks 20th (34.5).
- In games where they hold opponents under 100 points, Philadelphia is 14-1 and New York is 7-3.
- The 76ers are 32-10 when they reach the century mark, while the Knicks are 14-25.
- New York is 16-12-1 ATS on the road, while Philadelphia is 16-10-3 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 15 of the 76ers’ 29 home games, while 15 of the Knicks’ 29 road games have gone under.
- In their last five games, New York and Philadelphia are both 2-2-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- During their last five games, the Knicks have scored an average of 108.4 points per game (3.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 118.0 points per game (6.3 above their season average).
- The 76ers have been outscored by an average of 0.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Philadelphia has defeated opponents by an average of 2.1 points.