The Orlando Magic (6-4) will be at home in Amway Center when they meet the New York Knicks (5-4). Orlando is a 5-point favorite on the opening line, while the game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 213.5 points. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 8, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox SportsNet Florida.
New York Knicks vs. Orlando Magic Odds Preview
The Knicks were victorious over the Indiana Pacers in their last contest, 108-101. Kristaps Porzingis was the game’s leading scorer with 40 points on 15-for-24 shooting. The Knicks held the Pacers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 10.5 (below their season average of 23.2) and had a turnover percentage of 11.1 (better than their season average of 14.4).
The last time the Magic played, they were beaten by the Boston Celtics, 104-88. Aaron Gordon was the top scorer from either team with 18 points on 6-for-13 shooting. Boston held the Magic to an effective field goal percentage of 0.396 (below their season average of 0.552). Orlando, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of converting from the free throw line (16-18; 88.9 percent).
It will be a battle of contrasting tempos as the fast-breaking Magic will look to push the slower-paced Knicks. Dating back to last season, the Magic rank sixth in possessions per game while the Knicks are 18th. Moreover, the Knicks, who rank second in offensive rebounding percentage (26.6 percent), will attempt to exploit the Magic, who rank 24th in defensive rebounding percentage (77.2 percent).
Games including these teams tend to go under the O/U total. New York games have gone under 55.6 percent of the time, while Orlando games have finished under 60.0 percent of the time. Both teams have decent straight up (SU) records (5-4 for New York; 6-4 for Orlando), but the Knicks have the advantage against the spread (ATS). New York is 5-4 ATS, while the Magic are 5-5.
The Knicks won three out of four matchups against the Magic last season. In the last game, New York won 113-105. The Knicks played a nearly flawless game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.314 and an extraordinarily low turnover percentage of 8.4. The Magic had marks of 0.188 and 12.0, respectively, for those same stats.
New York Knicks at Orlando Magic Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Magic, ATS Winner – Knicks, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Magic average 26.5 three pointers per game, which ranks 12th in the NBA. The Knicks rank 27th in three pointers allowed per game (28.8).
- New York averages 21.9 assists per game, which ranks 11th in the league. Orlando ranks 22nd in assists allowed per game (23.6).
- Orlando ranks 10th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.0) while New York ranks 25th (16.9).
- New York is 15-2 when they allow below 100 points, while Orlando is 18-7.
- The Magic are 29-24 when they reach 100 points, while the Knicks are 31-32.
- The Magic rank 15th in fast break points per game (13.6) while the Knicks rank 27th (10.5).
- New York ranks first in rebounds allowed per game (44.3) while Orlando ranks 24th (45.7).
- The Knicks rank third in points allowed in the paint per game (45.5) while the Magic rank 25th (47.0).
- The Knicks rank third in blocks allowed per game (4.5) while the Magic rank 11th (5.1).
- New York ranks first in second chance points per game (15.1) while Orlando ranks 23rd (12.2).