The New York Knicks (11-32) travel to Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse to square off against the Cleveland Cavaliers (12-31). The Knicks are 1-point underdogs and can end a five-game road losing streak. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 221.5 points and it will air on Fox Sports – Ohio at 5 p.m. ET on Monday, January 20, 2020.
New York Knicks vs. Cleveland Cavaliers ATS Odds
Despite losing, both teams were able to cover in their last matchup. The Cavaliers (7-point underdogs) were defeated by the Chicago Bulls, 118-116, while the Knicks (4.5-point underdogs) fell to the Philadelphia 76ers, 90-87. The Cleveland game finished 19.5 points over the projected point total of 214.5, while the New York game finished 41.5 points under the projected point total of 218.5.
New York held Philadelphia to an offensive rebounding percentage of 12.2 (below their season average of 24.1) while Cleveland held Chicago to an offensive rebounding percentage of 12.1 (below their season average of 22.1). Cleveland was lifted by Kevin Love, who had 29 points, six assists and five rebounds. Meanwhile, Julius Randle played a pivotal role for New York with 14 points, 12 rebounds and five assists.
The Knicks evened the season series at one with a 123-105 blowout win in their most recent contest. Randle was the game’s leading scorer with 30 points. The Knicks’ 5.8 turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Cavaliers, who had a mark of 17.6. New York covered as a 6-point favorite and the two teams combined to put up 228 points, which was well over the projected point total of 210.
Vegas tends to place the total high when the Knicks are playing, as 58.1 percent of their games have gone under the total. New York holds records of 11-32 straight up (SU) and 20-22-1 against the spread (ATS).
In opposition of New York, just over half of Cavaliers games have finished over the total. Additionally, Cleveland is 12-31 SU and 19-22-2 ATS.
New York could have difficulty getting to the charity stripe in this meeting. The Knicks currently rank 23rd in the NBA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.183, while Cleveland ranks first in FTA rate allowed (0.157).
New York Knicks at Cleveland Cavaliers ATS Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Knicks, ATS Winner – Knicks, O/U – Under
- The Knicks rank 19th in assists allowed per game (24.6) while the Cavaliers rank 28th (26.0).
- New York ranks fourth in points allowed in the paint per game (43.3) while Cleveland ranks last (54.0).
- The Knicks rank 14th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.0) while the Cavaliers rank last (20.2).
- New York ranks 17th in blocks allowed per game (5.1) while Cleveland ranks last (6.6).
- New York ranks fifth in second chance points per game (14.5) while Cleveland ranks 16th in second chance points allowed per game (13.1).
- The Knicks rank third in steals allowed per game (6.9) while the Cavaliers rank 28th (9.0).
- The Cavaliers rank 12th in three pointers allowed per game (33.2) while the Knicks rank 25th (35.2).
- New York ranks 19th in fast break points allowed per game (14.0) while Cleveland ranks 26th (15.4).
- Cleveland ranks fifth in rebounds allowed per game (43.4) while New York ranks 22nd (46.5).
- Cleveland is 4-3 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while New York is 3-2.
- When reaching 100 points, the Knicks are 10-20 and the Cavaliers are 11-20.
- New York is 11-11 ATS on the road, while Cleveland is 8-11-1 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 10 of the Cavaliers’ 20 home games, while 11 of the Knicks’ 22 road games have gone over.
- The Cavaliers are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Knicks are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Cleveland has 3 overs and 2 unders, while New York has 3 unders and 2 overs.
- During their last five games, the Cavaliers have scored an average of 107.6 points per game (2.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 118.0 points per game (3.9 above their season average).
- The Knicks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 12.2, up from 8.6 for the season.