The New York Knicks (3-8), 1-point favorites, will travel to State Farm Arena to challenge the Atlanta Hawks (3-7). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 222.5 points and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Southeast at 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 7, 2018.
New York Knicks vs. Atlanta Hawks Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Knicks (2.5-point favorites) were defeated by the Chicago Bulls, 116-115, while the Hawks (5.5-point favorites) fell to the Charlotte Hornets, 113-102. The New York game went 18 points over the projected point total of 213, while the Atlanta game went 10.5 points under the projected point total of 225.5.
New York had an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.2 (above their season average of 24.9) while Atlanta did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (14-18; 77.8 percent). Trae Young put together a solid performance for Atlanta with 18 points and 10 assists. Enes Kanter had a good game for New York, putting up 23 points, 24 rebounds and seven assists.
In their first matchup this season, Tim Hardaway Jr. led the Knicks to a 126-107 victory. He was the game’s leading scorer with 31 points. The two teams combined to score 233 points, which was well over the projected point total of 216.5, and New York covered as a 4-point favorite. The Knicks’ 11.8 turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Hawks, who had a mark of 19.7.
Games featuring the Knicks have a slight tendency to go under the O/U total (54.5 percent). New York comes into the game with records of 3-8 straight up (SU) and 6-4-1 against the spread (ATS).
Hawks games have typically finished over the total (66.7 percent). Further, Atlanta is 3-7 SU and 3-6 ATS.
It might be an error-filled game for the Atlanta offense. Atlanta ranks 29th in the league in ball protection (turnover percentage of 17.2 percent), while the gambling defense of New York forces the third-most turnovers in the league (15.8 percent).
Knicks vs. Hawks Pick
NBA Tip: SU Winner – Knicks, ATS Winner – Hawks, O/U – Over
- The Hawks rank 13th in points in the paint per game (48.6) while the Knicks rank 21st in points allowed in the paint per game (50.7).
- New York ranks first in fast break points allowed per game (9.4) while Atlanta ranks 27th (17.6).
- The Knicks average 18.7 points off turnovers per game, which ranks ninth in the league. The Hawks rank 27th in points off turnovers allowed per game (23.7).
- Atlanta ranks fourth in three pointers attempted per game (35.6) while New York ranks 19th (29.8).
- New York ranks 14th in steals per game (7.5) while Atlanta ranks 24th in steals allowed per game (9.6).
- The Knicks rank sixth in assists allowed per game (22.1) while the Hawks rank 29th (27.4).
- The Knicks rank 10th in second chance points per game (14.6) while the Hawks rank 25th (9.7).
- New York averages 45.2 rebounds per game, which ranks 15th in the NBA. Atlanta ranks 21st in rebounds allowed per game (48.2).
- Atlanta ranks seventh in blocks per game (6.3) while New York ranks 25th (3.5).
- When holding opponents below 100 points, New York is 1-0 and Atlanta is 0-1.
- In games where they score over 100 points, the Hawks are 3-5 and the Knicks are 3-6.
- Atlanta is 2-2 ATS at home, while New York is 3-2 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 3 of the Knicks’ 5 road games, while 2 of the Hawks’ 4 home games have gone over.
- The Knicks are 2-2-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Hawks are 1-4.
- In their last five games, New York has 3 unders and 2 overs, while Atlanta has 3 overs and 2 unders.
- During their last five games, the Knicks have scored an average of 108.8 points per game (1.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 106.6 points per game (3.6 below their season average).
- The Hawks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 16.0, up from 9.6 for the season.