Brock Nelson, Mathew Barzal, and the New York Islanders will face off against Roman Josi, Filip Forsberg, and the Nashville Predators at Bridgestone Arena in an East-West tilt. The first puck drops at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 13, and it’ll be televised live on MSG Plus 2.
New York Islanders at Nashville Predators Odds
Nashville (-140) is currently favored over New York (+120), and the Over/Under (O/U) is set at 6 goals. The odds for betting the total sit at -130 for the under and +110 for the over.
New York is 33-22 straight up (SU) and has netted moneyline bettors 7.9 units this season. 28 of its outings have gone under the total, while 24 have gone over and just three have pushed. This 2019-20 Islanders team is 15-11 SU on the road.
New York has converted on 19.2 percent of its power play opportunities this year, a mark that’s right around league average. On the other hand, its penalty kill is ranked 18th out of 31 teams, and it’s successfully killed off 79.5 percent of its penalties..
With a .915 save percentage and 26.1 saves per game, Semyon Varlamov (18-16-4) has been the best option in goal for New York this season. If head coach Barry Trotz chooses to rest him, however, New York might roll with Thomas Greiss (16-11-2), who has a .920 save percentage and 2.55 goals against average this year.
On the other bench, Nashville is 26-29 straight up (SU) and has lost 14.4 units for moneyline bettors this year. Through 55 regular season outings, 32 of its games have gone over the total, while 22 have gone under and just one has pushed. This year, the team is 11-15 SU as the home team.
The Predators have converted on just 16.8 percent of their power play opportunities this year, a figure that places them in the bottom 10 overall among NHL teams. On the other hand, its penalty kill is ranked 31st overall, and it’s successfully killed off 73.9 percent of all opponent power plays.
Pekka Rinne (24.3 saves per game) has been the top netminder in goal for the Predators. Rinne has 17 wins, 16 losses, and three overtime losses and has maintained a mediocre 3.11 goals against average and a poor .895 save percentage this season.
New York Islanders at Nashville Predators Betting Predictions
Pick: SU Winner – Predators, O/U – Under
- The Predators are 2-3 in games decided by a shootout this season while the Islanders are 3-2 in shootouts.
- The under has hit in four of Nashville’s last five games.
- New York has managed 25.8 shot attempts per game over its last five road games while Nashville is averaging 32.4 shots per game over its last five home outings.
- Six of New York’s last ten games have been decided by two goals or more. The team is 4-2 in those games.
- New York skaters have accounted for the league’s second-most hits per game (28.5), but that number’s down to just 25.4 hits over their last five away games.