Mathew Barzal, Brock Nelson, and the New York Islanders will do battle against Max Pacioretty, Mark Stone, and the Vegas Golden Knights at T-Mobile Arena for an East-West tilt. AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain will showcase the action, which gets underway at 10:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15.
New York Islanders vs. Vegas Golden Knights Odds
The Golden Knights (-175) are currently favored over the Islanders (+155) and the Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 6 goals. The line for betting that total stands at -125 for the over and +105 for the under.
New York is 33-23 straight up (SU) and has netted 6.9 units for moneyline bettors this year. 29 of its matches have gone under the total, while 24 have gone over and just three have pushed. This 2019-20 Islanders team is 15-12 SU on the road.
New York has converted on 18.9 percent of its power play opportunities this year, a figure that’s right around league average. Additionally, its penalty kill is ranked 17th overall, and it has successfully killed off 79.5 percent of its penalties..
Averaging 25.8 saves per game with a .915 save percentage, Semyon Varlamov (18-17-4) has been the primary option in goal for New York this season. If head coach Barry Trotz decides to rest him, however, the team could turn to Thomas Greiss (16-12-2 record, .916 save percentage, 2.65 goals against average).
On the other bench, Vegas is 29-30 straight up (SU) and has lost 16.5 units for moneyline bettors thus far. 30 of its outings have gone over the total, while 25 have gone under and just four have pushed. This year, the team’s 15-14 SU as the home team.
The Golden Knights have converted on 22.2 percent of their power play chances this season, a figure that’s good enough for ninth-best in the league. On the other hand, its penalty kill is ranked 21st overall, and it’s successfully killed off 78.1 percent of all penalties.
Marc-Andre Fleury (26.4 saves per game) has been the primary netminder in goal for the Golden Knights. Fleury has 21 wins, 20 losses, and five overtime losses to his name and has maintained a subpar .904 save percentage and 2.87 goals against average this year.
New York Islanders at Vegas Golden Knights Betting Predictions
Free NHL Pick: SU Winner – Golden Knights, O/U – Under
- The Golden Knights are 15-14 SU when they serve more penalty minutes than their opponent while the Islanders are 25-9 SU in games where they spend more time in the box than their opponent.
- New York is 3-2 in games decided by a shootout this season while Vegas is 3-2 in shootouts.
- New York might have an advantage if it’s a tight one late. The team’s an impressive 16-10 in one-goal games, while Vegas is 12-14 in such games.
- For both of these teams, the over has hit in three of their last five matchups.
- New York is ranked 31st this season with 14.3 giveaways per game. That figure has trended down, however, as the team’s averaged 10.7 giveaways over its last 10 games and 10.0 giveaways over its last five.
- Vegas skaters have averaged 8.6 giveaways over its last five home games, right in line with its season average of 8.8 giveaways per game (ranked 8th).
- This game features two of the tougher teams in the league. New York skaters have accounted for the second-most hits in the league (28.3 per game) while the Golden Knights have recorded the fourth-most (27.4).