The New York Islanders, spearheaded by Josh Bailey and Mathew Barzal, are ready to take the ice against Tyler Seguin, Jamie Benn, and the Dallas Stars at the American Airlines Center for an East-West showdown. The match will get underway at 8 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 23 and it will be broadcasted live on Fox Sports Southwest Plus.
New York Islanders at Dallas Stars Odds
Dallas is 18-18 straight-up (SU) and has lost 2.8 units for moneyline bettors this year. That early-season winning percentage hasn’t moved much from the 42-40 record the team posted during last year’s regular season campaign. Of the team’s 36 games this season, 13 have gone under the total, while 13 have gone over and just four have pushed. Thus far, the team is 11-5 SU at home.
The Stars have converted on 20.0 percent of their power play chances this season, a mark that’s right around league average. On the other hand, their penalty kill is rated eighth overall, and they’ve successfully killed off 82.7 percent of all penalties.
Averaging 26.7 saves per game with a .923 save percentage, Ben Bishop (12-11-1) has been the primary option in goal for Dallas this year. Bishop did just play last night, however, so the team could choose to give him the evening off and instead roll with Anton Khudobin (7-9-9 record, .911 save percentage, 2.87 goals against average).
New York has earned moneyline bettors 5.4 units this season and is currently 17-17 straight up (SU). A total of 19 of its games have gone under the total, while 12 have gone over and just three have pushed. As the road team, the Islanders are 9-9 SU so far.
The Islanders have converted on just 15.2 percent of their power play chances this year, a mark that places them in the bottom-10 overall among NHL teams. On the other hand, its penalty kill unit is ranked 25th overall and it’s successfully killed off 76.9 percent of all opponent power plays.
Thomas Greiss (.920 save percentage and 2.53 goals against average) has been the primary option in goal for New York. Greiss is averaging 26.1 saves per game and owns a 14-8-1 record.
New York Islanders at Dallas Stars Betting Predictions
Prediction: SU Winner – Islanders, O/U – Over
- Two of the Islanders’ last ten games have ended in a shootout. The team is 1-1 in those games and 2-3 overall in shootouts this season.
- For both of these clubs, the over has hit in three of their past five outings.
- New York has managed 22.8 shot attempts per game over its last five road games while Dallas is averaging 33.0 shots per game over its last five at home.
- Six of Dallas’ last ten outings have been decided by two or more goals. The team is 2-4 overall in those games.
- New York skaters have given out the eighth-most hits in the league (25.8 per game).