The SMU Mustangs (1-0) will be at home in Moody Coliseum when they take on the New Orleans Privateers (1-1). The game starts at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 12, 2019.
New Orleans Privateers vs. SMU Mustangs ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Mustangs were victorious over the Jacksonville State Gamecocks, 74-65, while the Privateers were blown out by the Butler Bulldogs, 79-53.
SMU dominated every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 15.5 and a free throw rate of 0.283. For those same stats, Jacksonville State put up marks of 23.2 and 0.214, respectively. New Orleans, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.480 vs. 0.558). SMU’s Tyson Jolly had a solid performance, contributing 21 points and eight rebounds. Meanwhile, New Orleans was led by Damion Rosser, who contributed 13 points.
Ball protection could play a key role in this contest. Since the 2018-19 season, SMU has committed the 60th-fewest miscues in the country (turnover percentage of 16.9 percent), while the pesky defense of New Orleans has forced the seventh-most (opponents’ turnover percentage of 24.2 percent). Moreover, the Privateers, who rank 45th in offensive rebounding percentage (32.8 percent), will face off against the Mustangs, who rank 312th in defensive rebounding percentage (68.2 percent).
New Orleans at SMU Free Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Smu, ATS Winner – New Orleans, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- SMU ranks 19th in steals allowed per game (4.9) while New Orleans ranks 271st (7.7).
- The Mustangs rank 46th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Privateers rank 220th (4.1).
- SMU averages 35.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 147th in the country. New Orleans ranks 214th in rebounds allowed per game (35.7).
- The Mustangs rank 93rd in three pointers attempted per game (24.0) while the Privateers rank 318th (16.9).
- New Orleans averages 15.2 assists per game, which ranks 48th in the nation. SMU ranks 270th in assists allowed per game (15.3).