The Oakland Golden Grizzlies (1-0) will be at home in Athletics Center Orena when they take on the New Orleans Privateers (0-1). Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Monday, November 13, 2017.
New Orleans Privateers at Oakland Golden Grizzlies Betting Preview
The Privateers fell to the St. Johns Red Storm in their last game, 77-61. New Orleans Travin Thibodeaux put together a good game, leading the team in scoring with 18 points on 6-for-10 shooting. St. Johns had a much better turnover percentage (14.6 vs. 24.9). New Orleans, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (42.9 vs. 20.6).
In the Golden Grizzlies last game, they beat the Fort Wayne Mastodons, 85-71. Oakland was lifted by Kendrick Nunn, who was the top scorer from either team with 36 points on 11-for-21 shooting. The Golden Grizzlies had a much better free throw rate (0.407 vs. 0.206) and had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.583 vs. 0.419).
It will be a showdown of conflicting styles as the fast-paced Golden Grizzlies will look to push the slower-paced Privateers. Since last season, the Golden Grizzlies rank 25th in possessions per game while the Privateers are 176th. Additionally, the Privateers, who rank 26th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.302), will face a tough test against the Golden Grizzlies, who rank 40th in opponents FTA rate (0.199).
New Orleans Privateers at Oakland Golden Grizzlies Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Oakland, ATS Winner – Oakland, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Golden Grizzlies rank 20th in blocks per game (5.1) while the Privateers rank 176th (3.0).
- Oakland averages 16.9 assists per game, which ranks 14th in the NCAA. New Orleans ranks 125th in assists allowed per game (12.8).
- Oakland ranks 25th in steals per game (7.8) while New Orleans ranks 271st in steals allowed per game (8.5).
- The Privateers rank 24th in rebounds allowed per game (31.6) while the Golden Grizzlies rank 228th (36.6).
- Oakland ranks 136th in three pointers attempted per game (21.8) while New Orleans ranks 323rd (13.7).