The New Orleans Privateers (14-13, 11-5 SthLnd) will travel to David R. Stopher Gym to square off against the Nicholls Colonels (19-9, 13-2 SthLnd) in their home finale. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 24, 2018.
New Orleans Privateers vs. Nicholls Colonels Betting Preview
In the Privateers last contest, they lost a tough one against the Sam Houston State Bearkats, 57-54. Makur Puou had a good game for New Orleans, leading both teams in scoring with 20 points on 6-for-12 shooting. Sam Houston State forced the Privateers into a turnover percentage of 24.6 (above their season average of 18.8). New Orleans, meanwhile, did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (12-16; 75.0 percent).
The Colonels will look to keep it rolling after defeating the McNeese State Cowboys in their last contest, 96-79. Nicholls was lifted by Roddy Peters, who finished with 24 points and 11 assists. Nicholls dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a superb turnover percentage of 9.9 (better than their season average of 17.7) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.6 (below their season average of 30.8). McNeese State recorded marks of 15.9 and 20.6, respectively, for those same stats.
The sweet-shooting offense of Nicholls will face off against the porous defense of New Orleans. The Colonels currently rank 48th in effective field goal percentage (0.549), while the Privateers are 256th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.521). The Colonels should have the advantage on that side of the ball. Also, the Privateers rank 340th in turnover percentage (22.2 percent), while the Colonels rank 23rd in opponents turnover percentage (22.7 percent).
Peters has really been playing well over the last five games for Nicholls, averaging 22.2 points, 6.8 rebounds, 5.4 assists and 1.8 steals per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Colonels won 81-64. The Colonels dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a superb effective field goal percentage of 0.582 and a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 43.3. For those same stats, the Privateers were 0.421 and 35.1, respectively. Peters was the games top overall scorer with 27 points.
New Orleans Privateers vs. Nicholls Colonels Free Prediction
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Nicholls, ATS Winner – Nicholls, O/U – Over
- The Colonels rank 58th in blocks per game (4.1) while the Privateers rank 148th in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- New Orleans averages 34.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 179th in the NCAA. Nicholls ranks 201st in rebounds allowed per game (35.9).
- Nicholls ranks 100th in three pointers attempted per game (23.5) while New Orleans ranks 311th (13.5).
- The Colonels average 9.4 steals per game, which ranks fifth in the nation. The Privateers rank 174th in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- Nicholls ranks 53rd in assists per game (15.5) while New Orleans ranks 171st in assists allowed per game (14.0).
- The Colonels average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.6, up from 8.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Privateers have scored an average of 66.8 points per game (2.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.2 points per game (2.1 below their season average).