It will be a contest between two phenomenal offenses when the Nicholls Colonels (19-10, 13-5 SthLnd) square off against the New Orleans Privateers (8-19, 4-13 SthLnd) at David R. Stopher Gym. Action gets underway at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
New Orleans Privateers vs. Nicholls Colonels ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Colonels beat the Houston Baptist Huskies, 93-85, while the Privateers lost to the Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders, 81-75.
Nicholls dominated nearly every stat category in the contest. They had a solid turnover percentage of 10.0 (better than their season average of 16.5) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 32.3 (above their season average of 30.6). For those same stats, Houston Baptist put up marks of 14.1 and 23.3, respectively. New Orleans, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 9.3 (better than their season average of 17.2). Elvis Harvey Jr. put together a good performance for Nicholls with 11 points and 11 rebounds. Troy Green led the way for New Orleans, putting up 19 points, seven assists and six rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Harvey Jr. led the Colonels to a 77-72 win. He scored a game-high 22 points. The Colonels’ offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest strength over the Privateers. Nicholls had a rate of 36.4, while New Orleans posted a mark of 28.9.
There could be a fair amount of transition offense in this battle that showcases two of the nation’s more fast-breaking teams. Nicholls ranks 31st in possessions per game (73.4) and New Orleans is 60th (71.8). Furthermore, the Privateers rank 20th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.288), while the Colonels rank 312th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.284).
New Orleans Privateers at Nicholls Colonels Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Nicholls, ATS Winner – Nicholls, O/U – Over
- Nicholls ranks 92nd in three pointers attempted per game (23.8) while New Orleans ranks 306th (15.4).
- The Colonels average 10.0 steals per game, which ranks fourth in the NCAA. The Privateers rank 127th in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- Nicholls blocks 3.8 opponent shots per game, which is ranked 73rd in the nation. New Orleans ranks 172nd in blocks allowed per game (4.3).
- The Privateers rank 83rd in rebounds allowed per game (33.3) while the Colonels rank 227th (37.1).
- New Orleans averages 14.9 assists per game, which ranks 38th in the country. Nicholls ranks 175th in assists allowed per game (13.2).
- The Colonels’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.4, down from 6.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Privateers have scored an average of 73.0 points per game (2.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 75.8 points per game (0.8 below their season average).