The McNeese State Cowboys (12-14, 7-8 SthLnd) and the New Orleans Privateers (7-18, 3-12 SthLnd) clash at H&HP Complex. The Cowboys look to put an end to their five-game losing streak. The game gets underway at 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
New Orleans Privateers at McNeese State Cowboys ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last matchup. The Cowboys lost to the UIW Cardinals, 65-59, while the Privateers lost a close one to the UIW Cardinals, 67-66.
New Orleans forced UIW into a turnover percentage of 25.3 (above their season average of 19.3) while McNeese State did a terrific job of making free throws (19-22; 86.4 percent). Sha’markus Kennedy played a pivotal role for McNeese State with 23 points and 11 rebounds. New Orleans received a boost from Troy Green, who put up 16 points and seven rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Kennedy led the Cowboys to a 65-52 win. He registered a double-double with 21 points and 14 rebounds. McNeese State made eight of their 19 three pointers (42.1 percent), while New Orleans was just 4-21 (19.0 percent).
The prolific offense of McNeese State (28th in the nation with an offensive efficiency of 111.0) will go head-to-head against the bottom-tier defense of New Orleans (314th in the nation with a defensive efficiency of 106.1). The Cowboys figure to have the edge on that end of the court.
New Orleans Privateers vs. McNeese State Cowboys Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – McNeese State, ATS Winner – McNeese State, O/U – Under
- McNeese State ranks 14th in assists per game (16.3) while New Orleans ranks 251st in assists allowed per game (15.4).
- The Privateers average 7.9 steals per game, which ranks 44th in the nation. The Cowboys rank 197th in steals allowed per game (7.5).
- McNeese State blocks 4.0 opponent shots per game, which is ranked 54th in the NCAA. New Orleans ranks 161st in blocks allowed per game (4.2).
- The Privateers rank 57th in three pointers allowed per game (19.3) while the Cowboys rank 267th (25.5).
- McNeese State ranks 111th in rebounds per game (36.4) while New Orleans ranks 283rd (31.2).
- The Privateers’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.0, up from 1.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Cowboys have scored an average of 73.4 points per game (6.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 79.2 points per game (5.4 above their season average).