The New Orleans Privateers (1-0) will travel to Hinkle Fieldhouse to challenge the Butler Bulldogs (1-0). The game gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 9, 2019.
New Orleans Privateers at Butler Bulldogs Betting Odds
Both teams won big over their last opponent. The Bulldogs defeated the IUPUI Jaguars 80-47, while the Privateers beat the Spring Hill Badgers 114-58.
New Orleans played a perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.431 and a turnover percentage of 11.1. For those same stats, Spring Hill was 0.143 and 26.4, respectively. The Bulldogs, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.068 vs. 0.035) and had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.644 vs. 0.395). Butler received a boost from Sean McDermott, who recorded 26 points and six rebounds. Meanwhile, Bryson Robinson had a solid performance for New Orleans, contributing 22 points and five rebounds.
Based on historical performance heading into this one, ball protection could play an integral role in this contest. Dating back to last season, Butler has committed the 29th-fewest miscues in the nation (turnover percentage of 16.1 percent), while the disruptive defense of New Orleans has forced the sixth-most (opponents’ turnover percentage of 24.6 percent).
New Orleans Privateers vs. Butler Bulldogs ATS Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Butler, ATS Winner – Butler, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Butler ranks 78th in three pointers attempted per game (24.7) while New Orleans ranks 316th (17.0).
- The Privateers rank 159th in rebounds per game (35.5) while the Bulldogs rank 288th (32.1).
- New Orleans ranks 38th in assists per game (15.4) while Butler ranks 156th (13.4).
- The Bulldogs rank 42nd in steals allowed per game (5.3) while the Privateers rank 260th (7.8).
- New Orleans ranks 81st in blocks per game (4.0) while Butler ranks 257th (1.9).