The Abilene Christian Wildcats (11-2) and the New Orleans Privateers (5-6) go head-to-head at Moody Coliseum. The Wildcats look to extend their seven-game winning streak. Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 2, 2019.
New Orleans Privateers vs. Abilene Christian Wildcats Betting Odds
Both teams easily got past their last opponent. The Wildcats defeated the Arlington Baptist Patriots 107-54, while the Privateers beat the Spring Hill Badgers 95-66.
New Orleans played a flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.318 and a turnover percentage of 18.4. For those same stats, Spring Hill was 0.140 and 31.8, respectively. Meanwhile, Abilene Christian dominated nearly every stat category in their game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 50.0 and a turnover percentage of 12.8. Arlington Baptist had marks of 20.6 and 27.9, respectively, for those same stats. Jaren Lewis played a pivotal role for Abilene Christian with 18 points. Meanwhile, New Orleans rallied around Ezekiel Charles, who put up 17 points and six rebounds.
The Privateers won the lone contest between these two teams last year, 77-74. One of New Orleans’ largest advantages was getting to the free throw line. They made 47 trips to the line, while Abilene Christian went just 25 times. This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
Lewis has really been playing well recently for Abilene Christian, averaging 0 points over the last five games.
This has potential to be a mistake-prone game for the offense of Abilene Christian. Abilene Christian ranks 215th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 17.9 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of New Orleans forces the fourth-most turnovers in the nation (26.0 percent).
New Orleans Privateers at Abilene Christian Wildcats Free Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Abilene Christian, O/U – Under
- Abilene Christian ranks 26th in steals per game (9.2) while New Orleans ranks 180th in steals allowed per game (8.3).
- The Wildcats rank 42nd in three pointers allowed per game (17.3) while the Privateers rank 101st (21.6).
- The Wildcats rank 34th in assists allowed per game (9.5) while the Privateers rank 158th (14.3).
- Abilene Christian ranks 36th in blocks allowed per game (2.1) while New Orleans ranks 150th (4.7).
- The Wildcats’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 19.6, up from 15.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Privateers have scored an average of 79.8 points per game (7.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 67.0 points per game (4.5 below their season average).