Expect a fast-paced game when the New Orleans Pelicans (10-7), 3.5-point underdogs, visit Philadelphia to take on the 76ers (12-7). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 235 points and it begins at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 21, 2018.
New Orleans Pelicans vs. Philadelphia 76ers ATS Odds
The Pelicans come in on a high note after covering the 7.5-point spread against the San Antonio Spurs in their last matchup, 140-126. The 76ers, on the other hand, topped the Phoenix Suns,119-114, but were not able to cover as 11-point favorites. Both games went over their projected point totals. The New Orleans game finished 44 points over the projected point total of 222, while the Philadelphia game finished 13.5 points over the projected point total of 219.5.
The Pelicans forced 15 turnovers and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.627 (above their season average of 0.533). The 76ers, on the other hand, had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 22.4) and had a free throw rate of 0.369 (above their season average of 0.257). Joel Embiid played a pivotal role for Philadelphia with 33 points and 17 rebounds. Meanwhile, New Orleans was lifted by Julius Randle, who racked up 21 points, 14 rebounds and 10 assists. This gave him his zeroth triple-double of the year.
This series was highly competitive last year, as the teams split their two games last season. In the most recent contest, the 76ers won 100-82. Philadelphia launched 34 three pointers, making 14 of them (41.2 percent), while New Orleans was 8-31 (25.8 percent). This will be the first meeting of the year between these two teams.
Of the Pelicans’ 17 games, 10 have finished over the projected point total. New Orleans heads into the contest with records of 10-7 straight up (SU) and 8-9 against the spread (ATS).
Much like New Orleans, games including the 76ers also have typically gone over the total (63.2 percent). Philadelphia has a respectable 12-7 SU record, but they have a hard time covering the spread (8-11 ATS).
E’Twaun Moore has taken his game to another level recently for New Orleans, averaging 21 points over the last five games.
There should be a fair amount of transition offense in this contest that showcases two of the league’s more fast-breaking teams. Philadelphia ranks fifth in possessions per game (106.4) and New Orleans is third (106.8). Moreover, the Pelicans’ fourth-ranked offense (effective field goal percentage of 0.540) will battle against the 76ers’ third-ranked defense (effective field goal percentage allowed of 0.497).
Pelicans at 76ers Betting Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Pelicans, ATS Winner – Pelicans, O/U – Over
- The Pelicans average 5.823529411764706 blocks per game, which ranks 9 in the league. The 76ers rank 15 in blocks allowed per game (5.105263157894737).
- New Orleans ranks first in points in the paint per game (60.7) while Philadelphia ranks 21st (44.7).
- The Pelicans rank second in second chance points per game (16.8) while the 76ers rank 18th (13.1).
- Philadelphia ranks 11th in fast break points allowed per game (12.8) while New Orleans ranks 26th (16.5).
- Philadelphia averages 48.78947368421053 rebounds per game, which ranks 3 in the league. New Orleans ranks 10 in rebounds allowed per game (43.588235294117645).
- The 76ers average 26.1 assists per game, which ranks fourth in the league. The Pelicans rank 24th in assists allowed per game (24.8).
- The 76ers rank 12 in three pointers attempted per game (32) while the Pelicans rank 25 (27.647058823529413).
- Philadelphia ranks 20 in steals allowed per game (7.842105263157895) while New Orleans ranks 25 (8.647058823529411).
- New Orleans ranks eighth in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.8) while Philadelphia ranks 27th (19.8).
- When allowing less than 100 points, New Orleans is 2-0 and Philadelphia is 3-0.
- When reaching 100 points, the Pelicans are 10-6 and the 76ers are 12-5.
- Philadelphia is 5-4 ATS at home, while New Orleans is 3-5 ATS on the road.
- The Pelicans have 5 overs and 3 unders in 8 road games.
- The 76ers have 6 overs and 3 unders in 9 home games.
- In their last five games, New Orleans and Philadelphia are both 3-2 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Pelicans’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.6, up from 2.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the 76ers have scored an average of 116.8 points per game (3.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 113.0 points per game (0.1 above their season average).