The Milwaukee Bucks (33-25) will be at home in BMO Harris Bradley Center when they meet the New Orleans Pelicans (32-26). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 222.5 points with Milwaukee opening as a 4-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 3 p.m. ET on Sunday, February 25, 2018, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – New Orleans.
New Orleans Pelicans vs. Milwaukee Bucks Odds Preview
In the Pelicans last game, they won a close one over the Miami Heat, 124-123. Anthony Davis was the top scorer from either team with 45 points on 17-for-34 shooting. Converting at the free throw line was one of New Orleans largest advantages. They were 20-24 (83.3 percent), while the Heat were just 17-26 (65.4 percent).
The Bucks will look to keep it rolling after edging the Toronto Raptors in their last contest, 122-119. With 26 points on 11-for-22 shooting, Giannis Antetokounmpo led Milwaukee in scoring. The Bucks had a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 28.9 (above their season average of 19.5) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.550 (above their season average of 0.531).
The prolific offense of Milwaukee (eighth in the league with an offensive efficiency of 108.2) will square off against the mid-tier defense of New Orleans (18th in the league with a defensive efficiency of 107.4). The Bucks should have the advantage on that end of the court. This contest should be a showdown of opposite styles. The up-tempo Pelicans rank second in possessions per game, while the more methodical Bucks rank 28th.
Of New Orleans 58 games, 35 have finished over the O/U total, while 29 of Milwaukee’s 58 games have finished over the O/U total. Both teams have respectable straight up (SU) records (32-26 for New Orleans; 33-25 for Milwaukee), but the Pelicans have the edge against the spread (ATS). New Orleans is 30-28 ATS, while the Bucks are 26-27-5.
Both teams have had a player trending in the right direction over their last five games. For the Pelicans, it’s been Davis, who has averaged 30.6 points, 12.2 rebounds, 2.4 steals and 2.0 blocks, while the Bucks have received great contributions from Eric Bledsoe (20.2 points, 7.8 assists and 2.4 steals).
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to put up 223 points, which was over the projected point total of 217.5. The Pelicans won 115-108, covering as 2-point favorites. New Orleans was lights out from beyond the arc (13-25; 52.0 percent). Milwaukee, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (8.0 vs. 19.5). Antetokounmpo was the games top overall scorer with 32 points.
New Orleans Pelicans vs. Milwaukee Bucks Prediction
Free NBA Tip: SU Winner – Pelicans, ATS Winner – Pelicans, O/U – Over
- The Bucks average 17.7 points off turnovers per game, which ranks sixth in the league. The Pelicans rank 25th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.8).
- New Orleans ranks 15th in rebounds per game (43.7) while Milwaukee ranks last (39.5).
- New Orleans ranks second in points in the paint per game (50.7) while Milwaukee ranks 18th in points allowed in the paint per game (45.5).
- New Orleans ranks third in blocks per game (5.5) while Milwaukee ranks sixth (5.3).
- New Orleans is 18-12 ATS on the road, while Milwaukee is 10-16-3 ATS at home.
- Of the Pelicans 30 road games, they have 16 unders and 14 overs.
- The Bucks have 14 overs, 14 unders and 1 push in 29 home games.
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Milwaukee is 16-4 and New Orleans is 8-1.
- In games where they score over 100 points, the Bucks are 27-13 and the Pelicans are 30-18.
- The Pelicans rank second in assists per game (26.4) while the Bucks rank 18th (22.5).
- Milwaukee ranks first in fast break points allowed per game (8.1) while New Orleans ranks 28th (14.3).
- The Bucks rank fourth in steals allowed per game (7.0) while the Pelicans rank 25th (8.4).
- The Bucks rank 14th in second chance points allowed per game (12.3) while the Pelicans rank 27th (13.7).
- Milwaukee ranks eighth in three pointers allowed per game (26.8) while New Orleans ranks 27th (31.2).
- Milwaukee is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, New Orleans is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Bucks have been outscored by an average of 0.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Milwaukee has defeated opponents by an average of 0.0 points.
- During their last five games, the Pelicans have scored an average of 120.2 points per game (8.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 114.2 points per game (2.8 above their season average).