The Indiana Pacers (5-5) will be at home in Bankers Life Fieldhouse when they take on the New Orleans Pelicans (5-5). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 218 points with neither team favored. Action begins at at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 7, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – New Orleans.
New Orleans Pelicans at Indiana Pacers Odds Preview
In the Pelicans’ last matchup, they defeated the Chicago Bulls, 96-90. Anthony Davis was the top scorer from either team with 27 points on 11-for-17 shooting. New Orleans dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.195 (matching their season average) and a turnover percentage of 11.9 (better than their season average of 14.4). Chicago had marks of 0.091 and 14.0, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Pacers’ last matchup, they were beat by the New York Knicks, 108-101. With 15 points, 10 assists and five rebounds, Darren Collison had a good game for Indiana. New York held the Pacers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 10.5 (below their season average of 23.2). Indiana, on the other hand, did a terrific job of making free throws (15-17; 88.2 percent).
Indiana figures to have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Pacers rank fifth in offensive efficiency, while the Pelicans rank 17th in defensive efficiency.
New Orleans games have finished under 60.0 percent of the time, while games involving Indiana have finished over 50.0 percent of the time. Both teams have very similar records straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS). The Pelicans are 5-5 SU and 6-4 ATS, while the Pacers are 5-5 SU and 6-4 ATS.
Domantas Sabonis has really been playing well over the last five games for Indiana, averaging 13.4 points, 11.4 rebounds and 3.6 assists per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the last contest, the Pelicans won 102-95. The Pelicans dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 22.0 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.482. For those same stats, the Pacers had marks of 13.7 and 0.431, respectively.
New Orleans Pelicans vs. Indiana Pacers Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Pacers, ATS Winner – Pacers, O/U – Under
- The Pacers average 23.6 assists per game, which ranks fifth in the league. The Pelicans rank 20th in assists allowed per game (22.5).
- Indiana ranks 16th in rebounds allowed per game (44.2) while New Orleans ranks 25th (46.1).
- Indiana ranks 15th in points off turnovers per game (17.2) while New Orleans ranks 26th (18.1).
- New Orleans is 4-2 ATS on the road, while Indiana is 3-1 ATS at home.
- The Pelicans have 4 unders and 2 overs in 6 road games.
- The Pacers have 3 unders and 1 over in 4 home games.
- When allowing under 100 points, Indiana and New Orleans are both 2-0.
- In games where they score more than 100 points, the Pacers are 4-3 and the Pelicans are 3-1.
- The Pelicans rank 16th in second chance points allowed per game (11.5) while the Pacers rank 25th (14.4).
- New Orleans ranks seventh in blocks per game (5.2) while Indiana ranks 23rd in blocks allowed per game (6.3).
- The Pacers average 13.7 fast break points per game, which ranks eighth in the league. The Pelicans rank 24th in fast break points allowed per game (10.4).
- The Pelicans rank fifth in steals allowed per game (8.2) while the Pacers rank eighth (7.6).
- New Orleans ranks 13th in points in the paint per game (51.2) while Indiana ranks 28th in points allowed in the paint per game (51.2).
- Indiana is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, New Orleans is 3-2 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Pacers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.0, up from 1.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pelicans have scored an average of 103.0 points per game (2.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 100.8 points per game (4.8 below their season average).