The Denver Nuggets (8-6) will be at home in Pepsi Center when they square off against the New Orleans Pelicans (8-7). Denver opened as a 4-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 216 points. Tip-off is set for 10:30 p.m. ET on Friday, November 17, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN.
New Orleans Pelicans at Denver Nuggets ATS Preview
The Pelicans lost to the Toronto Raptors in their last outing, 125-116. With 25 points on 9-for-19 shooting, DeMarcus Cousins was the games high scorer. Toronto did a great job of making free throws (19-20; 95.0 percent). New Orleans, on the other hand, forced the Raptors into a turnover percentage of 19.8 (above their season average of 12.7).
The last time the Nuggets played, they were beaten by the Portland Trail Blazers, 99-82. With 14 points, seven rebounds and six assists, Denvers Wilson Chandler played well. Portland did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (16-18; 88.9 percent). Denver, meanwhile, forced the Trail Blazers into a turnover percentage of 20.6 (above their season average of 12.8).
It could be an error-filled game for the New Orleans offense. New Orleans ranks 22nd in the league in ball protection (turnover percentage of 15.7 percent), while the disruptive defense of Denver forces the third-most turnovers in the NBA (16.4 percent).
Of New Orleans 15 games, eight have finished under the projected point total, while 9 of Denvers 14 games have finished under the O/U total. Both teams have respectable straight up (SU) records (8-7 for New Orleans; 8-6 for Denver), but the Pelicans have the edge against the spread (ATS). New Orleans is 9-6 ATS, while the Nuggets are 5-9.
Will Barton has been superb over the last five games for Denver, averaging 17.2 points, 6.4 rebounds, 4.0 assists and 1.2 steals per game.
This is the first time these teams will meet this year, after the Nuggets won three out of four matchups last season. In the last contest, Denver won 122-106. The Nuggets dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.295 and a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 32.4. For those same stats, the Pelicans put up marks of 0.091 and 20.4, respectively.
New Orleans Pelicans vs. Denver Nuggets Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Pelicans, ATS Winner – Pelicans, O/U – Under
- The Pelicans rank third in assists per game (25.6) while the Nuggets rank 19th in assists allowed per game (23.1).
- Denver ranks third in points in the paint per game (49.9) while New Orleans ranks 12th in points allowed in the paint per game (42.9).
- New Orleans ranks 10th in three pointers attempted per game (29.9) while Denver ranks 23rd in three pointers allowed per game (30.6).
- Denver averages 44.7 rebounds per game, which ranks 12th in the league. New Orleans ranks 17th in rebounds allowed per game (44.0).
- Denver is 4-4 ATS at home, while New Orleans is 6-2 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 4 of the Pelicans 8 road games, while 5 of the Nuggets 8 home games have gone under.
- When allowing under 100 points, New Orleans is 2-0 and Denver is 3-1.
- In games where they score above 100 points, the Pelicans and Nuggets are both 6-3.
- The Nuggets average 15.6 second chance points per game, which ranks second in the NBA. The Pelicans rank 15th in second chance points allowed per game (12.2).
- Denver ranks second in fast break points per game (15.0) while New Orleans ranks 24th in fast break points allowed per game (11.9).
- The Pelicans rank eighth in steals per game (8.6) while the Nuggets rank 26th in steals allowed per game (9.1).
- The Pelicans average 4.9 blocks per game, which ranks 13th in the NBA. The Nuggets rank 18th in blocks allowed per game (5.1).
- New Orleans averages 18.1 points off turnovers per game, which ranks 11th in the NBA. Denver ranks 29th in points off turnovers allowed per game (20.9).
- Denver is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, New Orleans is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Nuggets have been outscored by an average of 0.4 points in their last five games. For the season, Denver has defeated opponents by an average of 1.0 point.
- During their last five games, the Pelicans have scored an average of 113.6 points per game (5.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 113.4 points per game (5.2 above their season average).