Expect a fast-paced game when the New Orleans Pelicans (1-4), 3-point underdogs, visit Oklahoma City to play the Thunder (1-4). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 227.5 points and it will air on Fox Sports – New Orleans at 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 2, 2019.
New Orleans Pelicans vs. Oklahoma City Thunder Betting Odds
The last time the Pelicans played, they topped the Denver Nuggets, 122-107, as 4-point underdogs. The Thunder, on the other hand, were topped by the Portland Trail Blazers, 102-99, and failed to cover as 1.5-point underdogs. The New Orleans game went 6 points over the projected point total of 223, while the Oklahoma City game went 21 points under the projected point total of 222.
The Pelicans made 25 of their 32 free throws (78.1 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.630 (above their season average of 0.535). Oklahoma City, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (29-37; 78.4 percent). Nerlens Noel had a solid outing for Oklahoma City with 15 points and 14 rebounds. Jahlil Okafor led the way for New Orleans, contributing 26 points and five rebounds.
This was a highly competitive series last year, as the teams split their four games last season. In the most recent contest, the Pelicans won 131-122. New Orleans did an excellent job of converting from the free throw line (19-24; 79.2 percent). Oklahoma City, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (10.4 vs. 12.0).
Games featuring the Pelicans have typically finished over the O/U total (100.0 percent). New Orleans comes into the game with records of 1-4 straight up (SU) and 2-3 against the spread (ATS).
Contrary to New Orleans, games including the Thunder tend to go under the O/U total (80.0 percent). Although Oklahoma City has trouble winning games outright (1-4 SU), they have an excellent record ATS (3-2).
There should be a fair amount of transition action in this meeting that showcases a pair of the league’s more up-tempo teams. Oklahoma City ranks fourth in possessions per game (105.7) and New Orleans is second (106.2) since last season. Additionally, the Pelicans rank 23rd in turnover percentage (13.7 percent), while the Thunder rank second in opponents’ turnover percentage (15.0 percent).
Pelicans at Thunder Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Thunder, ATS Winner – Thunder, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- The Thunder rank 13th in three pointers allowed per game (31.8) while the Pelicans rank 26th (33.9).
- Oklahoma City averages 9.1 steals per game, which ranks first in the league. New Orleans ranks 28th in steals allowed per game (8.5).
- The Pelicans rank second in assists per game (27.2) while the Thunder rank 24th (23.0).
- Oklahoma City ranks sixth in fast break points allowed per game (12.3) while New Orleans ranks 27th (16.0).
- Oklahoma City ranks third in rebounds per game (48.0) while New Orleans ranks 22nd in rebounds allowed per game (46.0).
- The Thunder rank third in points off turnovers per game (18.7) while the Pelicans rank 27th in points off turnovers allowed per game (18.2).
- The Thunder rank second in second chance points per game (15.2) while the Pelicans rank 21st in second chance points allowed per game (13.9).
- New Orleans averages 5.4 blocks per game, which ranks seventh in the league. Oklahoma City ranks 19th in blocks allowed per game (5.1).
- Oklahoma City ranks seventh in points in the paint per game (50.9) while New Orleans ranks 29th in points allowed in the paint per game (52.1).
- New Orleans is 5-2 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Oklahoma City is 12-1.
- The Thunder are 47-28 when they reach 100 points, while the Pelicans are 34-45.