The league’s top scoring team will be 13.5-point favorites at home in Fiserv Forum, when the Milwaukee Bucks (21-3) meet the New Orleans Pelicans (6-18). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 234 points and it will air on ESPN at 9:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 11, 2019.
New Orleans Pelicans vs. Milwaukee Bucks Betting Odds
Neither team was able to cover in their last game. The Bucks (13-point favorites) beat the Orlando Magic, 110-101, while the Pelicans (1-point underdogs) were defeated by the Detroit Pistons, 105-103. The Milwaukee game finished 6.5 points under the projected point total of 217.5, while the New Orleans game finished 19 points under the projected point total of 227.
The Bucks held the Magic to an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.0 (below their season average of 23.2) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.435 (below their season average of 0.490). New Orleans, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (10.6 vs. 15.7). Milwaukee’s Giannis Antetokounmpo played well, finishing with 32 points, 15 rebounds and eight assists. Brandon Ingram fueled New Orleans with 31 points and six rebounds.
The Bucks dominated this series last year, winning both games. In the last game, Milwaukee won 130-113. Milwaukee made good use of their 28 trips to the free throw line, converting on 24 of them (85.7 percent). New Orleans, on the other hand, was just 11-16 (68.8 percent). This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
Vegas has typically been fairly accurate when setting the O/U total of Pelicans games, with 13 unders compared to 11 overs. New Orleans holds records of 6-18 straight up (SU) and 8-15-1 against the spread (ATS).
Vegas is exceedingly precise when predicting totals of Bucks games, with an even split between overs and unders. Additionally, Milwaukee is 21-3 SU and 12-12 ATS.
The high-powered offense of Milwaukee (second in the league with an offensive efficiency of 112.8) will clash against the porous defense of New Orleans (26th in the NBA with a defensive efficiency of 111.9). The Bucks should have the advantage on that side of the ball. Moreover, the Pelicans rank 21st in offensive rebounding percentage (22.1 percent), while the Bucks rank second in defensive rebounding percentage (80.7 percent).
New Orleans Pelicans at Milwaukee Bucks Odds Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Bucks, ATS Winner – Bucks, O/U – Under
- The Bucks rank second in steals allowed per game (6.5) while the Pelicans rank 14th (7.8).
- Milwaukee ranks first in points allowed in the paint per game (39.8) while New Orleans ranks 27th (52.1).
- The Pelicans average 39.0 three pointers per game, which ranks fourth in the league. The Bucks rank 28th in three pointers allowed per game (37.9).
- Milwaukee ranks first in rebounds per game (51.9) while New Orleans ranks 24th in rebounds allowed per game (46.8).
- Milwaukee ranks seventh in assists per game (25.9) while New Orleans ranks 22nd in assists allowed per game (25.0).
- The Bucks rank first in second chance points allowed per game (10.3) while the Pelicans rank 26th (14.8).
- The Bucks average 19.0 points off turnovers per game, which ranks fifth in the league. The Pelicans rank 26th in points off turnovers allowed per game (19.5).
- Milwaukee ranks fifth in blocks per game (6.1) while New Orleans ranks 17th (4.8).
- Milwaukee averages 18.6 fast break points per game, which ranks second in the league. New Orleans ranks 27th in fast break points allowed per game (15.4).
- Milwaukee is 6-0 when they allow less than 100 points.
- In games where they reach 100 points, the Bucks are 21-3 and the Pelicans are 6-15.
- New Orleans is 3-7-1 ATS on the road, while Milwaukee is 6-6 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 6 of the Bucks’ 12 home games, while 6 of the Pelicans’ 11 road games have gone over.
- The Bucks are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Pelicans are 0-5.
- In their last five games, Milwaukee has 3 unders and 2 overs, while New Orleans has 4 unders and 1 over.
- During their last five games, the Bucks have scored an average of 125.0 points per game (4.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 95.8 points per game (11.4 below their season average).
- The Pelicans’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 15.8, up from 6.8 for the season.