The Chicago Bulls (2-5) will be at home in United Center when they challenge the New Orleans Pelicans (4-5). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 203 points with New Orleans opening as a 7-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 4, 2017, and it can be seen on NBC Sports Chicago.
New Orleans Pelicans at Chicago Bulls ATS Preview
The last time the Pelicans played, they were victorious over the Dallas Mavericks, 99-94. Anthony Davis was the top scorer from either team with 30 points on 10-for-19 shooting. New Orleans played a flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.7 (better than their season average of 14.9) and a free throw rate of 0.225 (above their season average of 0.201). Dallas recorded marks of 13.3 and 0.193, respectively, for those same stats.
The Bulls hope to keep it rolling after dismantling the Orlando Magic, 105-83, in their last matchup. Chicago was lifted by Robin Lopez, who contributed 11 points and 10 rebounds. Chicago dominated every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.129 (matching their season average) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 22.5 (above their season average of 22.0). For those same stats, Orlando was 0.035 and 15.2, respectively.
The offense of Chicago will battle against the elite defense of New Orleans. Dating back to last season, the Bulls rank 21st in offensive efficiency, while the Pelicans are eighth in defensive efficiency. The Pelicans should have the advantage on that end of the court. This game should be a matchup of conflicting tempos. The fast-breaking Pelicans rank fifth in possessions per game, while the more methodical Bulls rank 26th.
Games involving New Orleans have gone over 44.4 percent of the time, while 57.1 percent of Chicago’s games have finished under. The Pelicans have the significant advantage straight up (SU) (4-5 vs. 2-5), but both teams are right around the .500 mark against the spread (ATS).
The Bulls won both games against the Pelicans last season. In the last matchup, the Bulls won 107-99. Chicago out-rebounded New Orleans. The Bulls had more offensive rebounds (21 vs. six), defensive rebounds (42 vs. 36) and total rebounds (63 vs. 42).
New Orleans Pelicans vs. Chicago Bulls ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Bulls, ATS Winner – Bulls, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bulls rank eighth in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.3) while the Pelicans rank 26th (15.9).
- New Orleans averages 7.9 steals per game, which ranks seventh in the league. Chicago ranks 10th in steals allowed per game (7.5).
- New Orleans ranks second in points in the paint per game (44.9) while Chicago ranks 19th in points allowed in the paint per game (45.0).
- When holding opponents under 100 points, Chicago is 29-8 and New Orleans is 19-11.
- In games where they reach 100 points, the Bulls are 37-16 and the Pelicans are 34-25.
- The Bulls average 4.7 blocks per game, which ranks 13th in the league. The Pelicans rank 23rd in blocks allowed per game (4.3).
- Chicago ranks fourth in rebounds per game (46.5) while New Orleans ranks 25th in rebounds allowed per game (48.0).
- The Pelicans average 22.9 assists per game, which ranks sixth in the league. The Bulls rank 26th in assists allowed per game (24.0).
- New Orleans ranks eighth in three pointers attempted per game (27.2) while Chicago ranks 27th (23.1).