The Bakersfield Roadrunners (12-17, 6-8 WAC) wrap up their home schedule at Icardo Center against the New Mexico State Aggies (23-6, 14-0 WAC). The game starts at 10 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
New Mexico State Aggies vs. Bakersfield Roadrunners Betting Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Roadrunners easily got past the UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros 79-59, while the Aggies beat the Grand Canyon Antelopes 67-53.
The Aggies had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 55.6 (above their season average of 34.0) and had a turnover percentage of 9.6 (better than their season average of 17.9). Bakersfield, meanwhile, played a nearly flawless game. They had a superb effective field goal percentage of 0.574 (above their season average of 0.480) and a turnover percentage of 15.7 (better than their season average of 17.3). UT Rio Grande Valley recorded marks of 0.393 and 19.9, respectively, for those same stats. Shawn Stith put together a solid performance for Bakersfield with 21 points. Meanwhile, Jabari Rice had a good outing for New Mexico State, recording 16 points and nine rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Ivan Aurrecoechea led the Aggies to a 61-57 win. He was the game’s leading scorer with 23 points. New Mexico State did an excellent job of getting and making free throws (19-25; 76.0 percent). Bakersfield, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (20.7 vs. 17.2).
Half-court execution will be critical when two of the country’s slowest-paced teams clash. Bakersfield currently ranks 262nd in possessions per game (67.4) and New Mexico State is 336th (64.7). Also, the Aggies rank 17th in offensive rebounding percentage (35.1 percent), while the Roadrunners rank 57th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.1 percent).
New Mexico State Aggies vs. Bakersfield Roadrunners Odds Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – New Mexico State, ATS Winner – New Mexico State, O/U – Under
- New Mexico State ranks 48th in three pointers attempted per game (25.5) while Bakersfield ranks 303rd (15.6).
- The Aggies rank 20th in assists allowed per game (10.1) while the Roadrunners rank 63rd (11.3).
- New Mexico State allows the fewest rebounds per game (27.1) while Bakersfield ranks 18th (30.7).
- The Roadrunners rank 29th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while the Aggies rank 103rd (6.2).
- New Mexico State ranks third in blocks allowed per game (2.0) while Bakersfield ranks 65th (2.9).
- During their last five games, the Roadrunners have scored an average of 61.6 points per game (5.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 62.6 points per game (3.1 below their season average).
- The Aggies’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.2, down from 10.8 for the season.