The Boise State Broncos (18-10, 10-6 MWC) close out their home schedule at ExtraMile Arena against the New Mexico Lobos (17-11, 6-9 MWC). The game will air on CBS Sports Network at 4 p.m. ET on Sunday, February 23, 2020.
New Mexico Lobos at Boise State Broncos Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Broncos dismantled the San Jose State Spartans, 80-62, while the Lobos lost to the Nevada Wolf Pack, 88-74.
The Broncos, who came into the game averaging an offensive rebounding percentage of 24.0, had an extraordinary mark of 40.0 and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.639 (above their season average of 0.528). New Mexico, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (13.1 vs. 12.4). Boise State received a boost from Justinian Jessup, who contributed 20 points, six rebounds and five assists. JaQuan Lyle, meanwhile had a good outing for New Mexico, putting up 16 points and six rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Lyle led the Lobos to an 80-78 win. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 31 points. The Lobos’ 8.1 turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Broncos, who had a rate of 16.9.
The elite offense of Boise State (51st in the country with an effective field goal percentage 0.532) will clash against the porous defense of New Mexico (319th in effective field goal percentage allowed 0.527). The Broncos figure to have the advantage on that end of the court.
New Mexico Lobos vs. Boise State Broncos Free Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Boise State, ATS Winner – Boise State, O/U – Over
- Boise State averages 24.4 three pointers per game, which ranks 79th in the NCAA. New Mexico ranks 285th in three pointers allowed per game (26.9).
- The Lobos rank 134th in blocks per game (2.9) while the Broncos rank 225th (1.5).
- The Broncos rank 74th in assists allowed per game (11.4) while the Lobos rank 261st (16.5).
- New Mexico ranks 45th in steals per game (7.9) while Boise State ranks 177th (5.8).
- The Lobos have been outscored by an average of 3.6 points in their last five games. For the season, New Mexico has defeated opponents by an average of 1.9 points.
- During their last five games, the Broncos have scored an average of 67.4 points per game (9.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 64.6 points per game (4.8 below their season average).