The Air Force Falcons (10-18, 4-12 MWC) close out their home schedule at Clune Arena against the New Mexico Lobos (17-12, 6-10 MWC). Action gets underway at 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 26, 2020.
New Mexico Lobos vs. Air Force Falcons ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last outing. The Falcons fell to the Wyoming Cowboys, 78-72, while the Lobos were defeated by the Boise State Broncos, 74-61.
New Mexico had a better free throw rate (0.234 vs. 0.180) while Air Force held Wyoming to an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.3 (below the 23.2 mark opponents have averaged against Air Force this season). Air Force’s Lavelle Scottie played well, contributing 17 points and seven rebounds. Meanwhile, New Mexico was lifted by Vance Jackson, who contributed 19 points and seven rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Zane Martin led the Lobos to an 84-78 win. He produced 18 points and five assists. Getting to the charity stripe was one of New Mexico’s biggest strengths. They made 25 trips to the line, while Air Force went just 14 times.
The elite offense of Air Force will battle against the bottom-tier defense of New Mexico. The Falcons rank 46th in effective field goal percentage (0.533), while the Lobos are 321st in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.527). The Falcons figure to have the edge on that side of the ball.
New Mexico vs. Air Force Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Air Force, ATS Winner – New Mexico, O/U – Over
- Air Force ranks 53rd in assists per game (14.6) while New Mexico ranks 261st in assists allowed per game (16.4).
- The Lobos rank 155th in rebounds per game (35.3) while the Falcons rank 260th (32.7).
- New Mexico ranks 152nd in blocks per game (2.9) while Air Force ranks 238th (1.5).
- The Lobos rank 45th in steals per game (7.9) while the Falcons rank 224th (4.9).
- Air Force ranks 123rd in three pointers attempted per game (22.8) while New Mexico ranks 290th in three pointers allowed per game (27.1).
- During their last five games, the Lobos have scored an average of 72.8 points per game (5.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 78.0 points per game (1.5 above their season average).
- The Falcons’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.6, up from 1.1 for the season.