The New Mexico Lobos (8-2, 1-0 MWC) will be at Arena-Auditorium to challenge the Wyoming Cowboys (3-6, 0-1 MWC) in a MWC matchup. The game is scheduled to start at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 7, 2019.
New Mexico Lobos vs. Wyoming Cowboys Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Cowboys were beaten by the Air Force Falcons, 86-77, while the Lobos barely escaped the Boise State Broncos, 80-78.
New Mexico dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a ridiculously low turnover percentage of 8.1 (better than their season average of 19.5) and a free throw rate of 0.333 (above their season average of 0.324). For those same stats, Boise State was 16.9 and 0.189, respectively. Wyoming, on the other hand, did an excellent job of making free throws (5-7; 71.4 percent). Hunter Maldonado fueled Wyoming with 18 points, nine assists and eight rebounds. Meanwhile, JaQuan Lyle had a solid performance for New Mexico, recording 31 points and six assists.
The Lobos held the advantage in this series last year, winning two out of three games. In the last contest, New Mexico won 78-68. New Mexico’s rebounding was their biggest strength. The Lobos had 11 offensive rebounds and 45 total rebounds, while the Cowboys had four and 36, respectively.
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Wyoming figures to have a significant advantage. Since last season, the Cowboys defense ranks 73rd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.506), while the New Mexico offense ranks 177th in effective field goal percentage (0.506). Opposite styles will be on display in this contest. The up-and-down Lobos rank 32nd in possessions per game, while the slower-paced Cowboys rank 325th.
New Mexico Lobos at Wyoming Cowboys Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – New Mexico, ATS Winner – New Mexico, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- New Mexico ranks 83rd in rebounds per game (37.5) while Wyoming ranks 312th (30.7).
- The Lobos rank 97th in steals per game (7.0) while the Cowboys rank 288th (5.2).
- New Mexico ranks 144th in blocks per game (3.2) while Wyoming ranks 256th (2.6).
- The Lobos rank 73rd in assists per game (14.5) while the Cowboys rank 297th (10.1).
- New Mexico averages 24.2 three pointers per game, which ranks 83rd in the nation. Wyoming ranks 280th in three pointers allowed per game (24.2).