The New Mexico Lobos (9-9, 3-3 MWC) will be at the Thomas & Mack Center to go head-to-head with the UNLV Runnin’ Rebels (10-7, 4-1 MWC) in a MWC matchup. The game will air on CBS Sports Network at 10 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 22, 2019.
New Mexico Lobos at UNLV Runnin’ Rebels ATS Odds
Both teams thoroughly outplayed their last opponent. The Runnin’ Rebels defeated the San Jose State Spartans 94-56, while the Lobos beat the Wyoming Cowboys 83-53.
New Mexico dominated every facet of the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 29.0 (below their season average of 29.2) and a free throw rate of 0.310 (above their season average of 0.272). For those same stats, Wyoming recorded marks of 10.5 and 0.167, respectively. UNLV, on the other hand, played a perfect game. They had a fantastic effective field goal percentage of 0.638 (above their season average of 0.482) and a free throw rate of 0.169 (matching their season average). For those same stats, San Jose State recorded marks of 0.371 and 0.106, respectively. Noah Robotham had a good game for UNLV, putting up 13 points and eight assists. New Mexico, meanwhile, was lifted by Vance Jackson, who contributed 13 points, 10 rebounds and five assists.
In their first matchup this season, Kris Clyburn led the Runnin’ Rebels to an 80-69 victory. He was the game’s leading scorer with 25 points. UNLV’s effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over New Mexico. The Runnin’ Rebels had a rate of 0.554 while the Lobos posted a mark of 0.455.
The offensive glass could be a huge edge for UNLV in this showdown. The Runnin’ Rebels currently rank second in offensive rebounding percentage (40.8 percent), while New Mexico ranks 272nd in defensive rebounding percentage (69.5 percent).
New Mexico at UNLV Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Unlv, ATS Winner – New Mexico, O/U – Over
- UNLV averages 40.9 rebounds per game, which ranks 18th in the country. New Mexico ranks 223rd in rebounds allowed per game (37.4).
- The Runnin’ Rebels rank 42nd in blocks per game (4.4) while the Lobos rank 94th (3.5).
- New Mexico averages 7.4 steals per game, which ranks 62nd in the country. UNLV ranks 108th in steals allowed per game (6.4).
- The Lobos rank 30th in three pointers attempted per game (27.0) while the Runnin’ Rebels rank 130th (23.1).
- UNLV averages 13.0 assists per game, which ranks 159th in the nation. New Mexico ranks 219th in assists allowed per game (15.7).
- The Lobos’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.2, up from 1.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Runnin’ Rebels have scored an average of 81.6 points per game (5.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 72.6 points per game (0.8 above their season average).