The New Mexico Lobos (15-3, 4-1 MWC) will be at Moby Arena to clash with the Colorado State Rams (11-7, 2-3 MWC) in a MWC matchup. Action begins at 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 15, 2020.
New Mexico Lobos vs. Colorado State Rams ATS Odds
Both teams defeated their last opponent. The Rams defeated the San Jose State Spartans 81-70, while the Lobos beat the Air Force Falcons 84-78.
The Lobos made 18 of their 25 free throws (72.0 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.635 (above their season average of 0.547). The Rams, meanwhile, had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.322 (above their season average of 0.260) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.2 (above their season average of 24.6). Colorado State’s Isaiah Stevens had a solid performance, putting up 21 points and seven assists. Zane Martin, meanwhile played a pivotal role for New Mexico with 18 points and five assists.
This was a highly contested series last year, as the teams split their two games last season. In the most recent game, the Lobos won 77-65. New Mexico won the rebounding battle. The Lobos had more offensive rebounds (17 vs. 4), defensive rebounds (30 vs. 22) and total rebounds (47 vs. 26). This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
Colorado State does a great job at getting to the charity stripe. They rank 60th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.263), but New Mexico is among the best in the NCAA at keeping opponents off the line (ranking 15th by allowing a FTA rate of 0.153).
New Mexico vs. Colorado State ATS Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Colorado State, ATS Winner – Colorado State, O/U – Over
- Colorado State averages 15.4 assists per game, which ranks 44th in the NCAA. New Mexico ranks 231st in assists allowed per game (16.1).
- The Lobos are 17th in the NCAA with 2.4 blocks allowed per game while the Rams are 28th with 2.6 blocks allowed per game.
- New Mexico averages 37.6 rebounds per game, which ranks 85th in the nation. Colorado State ranks 88th in rebounds allowed per game (33.6).
- The Rams average 21.6 three pointers per game, which ranks 158th in the nation. The Lobos rank 263rd in three pointers allowed per game (26.8).
- Colorado State ranks 109th in steals per game (6.8) while New Mexico ranks 151st in steals allowed per game (7.3).
- The Lobos’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.2, down from 8.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Rams have scored an average of 82.4 points per game (9.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 72.8 points per game (2.2 above their season average).