The New Mexico Lobos (6-6) will be at Clune Arena to square off against the Air Force Falcons (5-7) in a MWC matchup. Action gets underway at 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 2, 2019.
New Mexico Lobos at Air Force Falcons ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Falcons dismantled the Johnson & Wales (CO) Wildcats 90-65, while the Lobos edged the CSUN Matadors 87-84.
The Lobos had a much better free throw rate (0.423 vs. 0.153) and had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.625 vs. 0.507). The Falcons, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (43.3 vs. 17.9) and had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.648 vs. 0.466). Ryan Swan had a good outing for Air Force, contributing 10 points and eight rebounds. Meanwhile, Dane Kuiper played a key role for New Mexico with 15 points.
This series was highly competitive last year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the last matchup, the Falcons won 100-92. The Falcons’ offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest strength over the Lobos. Air Force had a rate of 33.3, while New Mexico posted a mark of 20.0. This will be the first meeting of the year between these two teams.
The sharp-shooting offense of Air Force will battle against the bottom-tier defense of New Mexico. The Falcons rank 52nd in effective field goal percentage (0.550), while the Lobos are 298th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.520). The Falcons figure to have the edge on that side of the ball.
New Mexico vs. Air Force Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Air Force, ATS Winner – Air Force, O/U – Over
- New Mexico ranks 18th in three pointers attempted per game (27.1) while Air Force ranks 204th (20.0).
- The Lobos rank 50th in assists per game (14.5) while the Falcons rank 156th (12.9).
- Air Force ranks 27th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while New Mexico ranks 85th (3.3).
- The Falcons rank 26th in rebounds allowed per game (30.9) while the Lobos rank 172nd (39.1).
- New Mexico averages 7.8 steals per game, which ranks 61st in the NCAA. Air Force ranks 179th in steals allowed per game (8.2).
- During their last five games, the Lobos have scored an average of 88.0 points per game (8.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 83.6 points per game (4.7 above their season average).
- The Falcons have outscored opponents by an average of 1.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Air Force has been defeated by an average of 2.6 points.