The New Hampshire Wildcats (3-12, 1-1 AmEast) and the Stony Brook Seawolves (14-3, 2-0 AmEast) battle at Island Federal Credit Union Arena. The Wildcats will attempt to put an end to an eight-game road losing streak. The game gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 12, 2019.
New Hampshire Wildcats at Stony Brook Seawolves Betting Odds
Both teams beat their last opponent. The Seawolves defeated the Binghamton Bearcats 59-46, while the Wildcats beat the Massachusetts-Lowell River Hawks 68-64.
The Wildcats forced 16 turnovers and held the River Hawks to an effective field goal percentage of 0.430 (below their season average of 0.549). Meanwhile, Stony Brook dominated nearly every facet of their game. They had a free throw rate of 0.217 (below their season average of 0.283) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.533 (above their season average of 0.489). Binghamton had marks of 0.097 and 0.323, respectively, for those same stats. Stony Brook’s Akwasi Yeboah had a good outing, recording 13 points, 13 rebounds and six assists. Jayden Martinez, meanwhile fueled New Hampshire with 12 points and 10 rebounds.
This series was highly competitive last year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. The Seawolves won the most recent contest 72-63. Getting to the free throw line was one of Stony Brook’s largest strengths. They made 26 trips to the line, while New Hampshire went just nine times. This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
Looking at effective field goal percentage, Stony Brook figures to have a significant advantage. The Seawolves defense ranks 56th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.466), while the New Hampshire offense is ranked 297th in effective field goal percentage (0.479).
New Hampshire at Stony Brook ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Stony Brook, O/U – Over
- New Hampshire ranks 32nd in three pointers attempted per game (27.3) while Stony Brook ranks 205th (20.1).
- The Wildcats rank 17th in steals allowed per game (4.9) while the Seawolves rank 74th (6.1).
- New Hampshire ranks 38th in assists allowed per game (10.9) while Stony Brook ranks 63rd (11.8).
- The Seawolves average 40.2 rebounds per game, which ranks 29th in the country. The Wildcats rank 182nd in rebounds allowed per game (36.7).
- New Hampshire ranks 32nd in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while Stony Brook ranks 129th (4.2).
- During their last five games, the Seawolves have scored an average of 69.4 points per game (4.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 63.2 points per game (4.6 below their season average).
- The Wildcats’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 6.0, up from 5.6 for the season.