The Nebraska Cornhuskers (7-19, 2-13 Big 10) and the Illinois Fighting Illini (17-9, 9-6 Big 10) battle at State Farm Center. The Cornhuskers look to snap their 11-game losing streak. The game is scheduled to start at 8 p.m. ET on Monday, February 24, 2020.
Nebraska Cornhuskers at Illinois Fighting Illini Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Fighting Illini were victorious over the ninth-ranked Penn State Nittany Lions, 62-56, while the Cornhuskers got blown out by the Michigan State Spartans, 86-65.
Illinois played a nearly flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 30.3 (below their season average of 36.5) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.472 (below their season average of 0.491). For those same stats, Penn State was 23.7 and 0.397, respectively. Nebraska, meanwhile, forced Michigan State into a turnover percentage of 24.4 (above their season average of 15.6). Ayo Dosunmu led the way for Illinois, finishing with 24 points. Meanwhile, Dachon Burke Jr. fueled Nebraska with 21 points.
This series was highly contested last year, as the teams split their two games last season. The Fighting Illini won the last contest 71-64. Illinois had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.554 vs. 0.379). Nebraska, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (42.9 vs. 21.6). This will be the first meeting of the year between these two teams.
Illinois could dominate the offensive glass in this contest. The Fighting Illini currently rank eighth in offensive rebounding percentage (36.3 percent), while Nebraska ranks 340th in defensive rebounding percentage (66.4 percent). Furthermore, the Cornhuskers rank ninth in turnover percentage (15.4 percent), while the Fighting Illini rank 289th in opponents’ turnover percentage (17.5 percent).
Nebraska at Illinois ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Illinois, ATS Winner – Nebraska, O/U – Over
- Illinois averages 40.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 16th in the NCAA. Nebraska ranks 287th in rebounds allowed per game (45.2).
- The Cornhuskers rank 107th in steals per game (6.7) while the Fighting Illini rank 231st (4.9).
- Illinois averages 2.8 blocks per game, which ranks 159th in the nation. Nebraska ranks 185th in blocks allowed per game (4.7).
- The Cornhuskers rank 43rd in three pointers attempted per game (25.7) while the Fighting Illini rank 281st (17.9).
- Illinois ranks 54th in assists allowed per game (11.2) while Nebraska ranks 247th (15.2).
- During their last five games, the Cornhuskers have scored an average of 67.0 points per game (4.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 82.2 points per game (5.5 above their season average).
- The Fighting Illini have been outscored by an average of 5.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Illinois has defeated opponents by an average of 7.7 points.