The Navy Midshipmen (1-0) and the No. 13 Miami Hurricanes (1-0), who both like to play slow, will square off at Watsco Center. Action gets underway at 4 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 12, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Navy Midshipmen at Miami Hurricanes Betting Preview
In the Midshipmen’s last contest, they were victorious over the Pittsburgh Panthers, 71-62. With 15 points, nine rebounds and five assists, Navy’s Shawn Anderson put together a good outing. Navy dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.273 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 26.5. Pittsburgh was 0.145 and 14.3, respectively, for those same stats.
The Hurricanes hope to maintain momentum after thoroughly outplaying the Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs in their last game, 77-45. Miami was led by Bruce Brown, who registered 10 points, 11 rebounds and 10 assists. This gave him his zeroth triple-double this year. Miami dominated every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.167 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.558. For those same stats, Gardner-Webb recorded marks of 0.016 and 0.349, respectively.
Half-court execution will be at a premium when a pair of the nation’s slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. Miami ranks 340th in possessions per game (64.6) and Navy is 341st (64.4) since the 2016-17 season.
Navy Midshipmen at Miami Hurricanes Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Miami, ATS Winner – Miami, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Midshipmen rank 173rd in three pointers attempted per game (20.9) while the Hurricanes rank 275th (18.0).
- Navy allows the eighth-fewest rebounds per game (30.0) while Miami ranks 27th (31.7).
- Miami ranks 99th in blocks per game (3.8) while Navy ranks 257th (2.0).
- The Hurricanes rank 127th in steals allowed per game (5.9) while the Midshipmen rank 270th (7.5).
- Navy ranks 148th in assists per game (13.7) while Miami ranks 251st (12.1).