The Lafayette Leopards (17-11, 9-8 Pat) welcome the Navy Midshipmen (14-14, 8-9 Pat) to Kirby Sports Center as the regular season wraps up. The game gets underway at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
Navy Midshipmen vs. Lafayette Leopards Betting Odds
In their last game, the Leopards lost big to the American University Eagles, 79-59, while the Midshipmen defeated the Loyola Maryland Greyhounds, 62-57.
Navy played a nearly flawless game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 38.3 (above their season average of 33.8) and a free throw rate of 0.226 (matching their season average). Loyola Maryland put up marks of 25.0 and 0.200, respectively, for those same stats. Lafayette, meanwhile, had a free throw rate of 0.224 (above their season average of 0.176). Lafayette’s Myles Cherry played well, recording 13 points and 10 rebounds. Meanwhile, Navy received a boost from Greg Summers, who put up 15 points and 13 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Cam Davis led the Midshipmen to a 68-66 victory. He scored a game-high 23 points. The Midshipmen’s turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Leopards. Navy had a rate of 6.4, while Lafayette posted a mark of 12.8.
Half-court execution will be at a premium when two of the country’s slowest-paced teams square off. Lafayette currently ranks 256th in possessions per game (67.6) and Navy is 350th (62.8).
Navy at Lafayette Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Lafayette, ATS Winner – Lafayette, O/U – Over
- Lafayette ranks 24th in assists per game (15.5) while Navy ranks 231st (11.3).
- The Midshipmen rank 33rd in rebounds allowed per game (31.7) while the Leopards rank 135th (34.8).
- Navy ranks 206th in steals per game (5.2) while Lafayette ranks 237th (4.6).
- The Leopards rank 44th in blocks per game (4.3) while the Midshipmen rank 219th (1.7).
- Lafayette ranks 44th in three pointers attempted per game (25.6) while Navy ranks 169th (21.5).
- The Leopards have been outscored by an average of 2.0 points in their last five games. On the season, Lafayette has defeated opponents by an average of 2.0 points.
- During their last five games, the Midshipmen have scored an average of 62.6 points per game (1.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.0 points per game (6.0 above their season average).