The Navy Midshipmen (1-2) will travel to Chace Athletic Center to challenge the Bryant Bulldogs (0-2) in their home opener. Action begins at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 18, 2017.
Navy Midshipmen at Bryant Bulldogs Betting Preview
The last time the Midshipmen played, they were blown out by the Penn Quakers, 66-45. With eight points on 4-for-11 shooting, Hasan Abdullah led Navy in scoring. Penn had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.517 vs. 0.298). Navy, on the other hand, did an excellent job of making free throws (11-15; 73.3 percent).
The Bulldogs are trying to rebound after their 95-72 loss to the North Carolina State Wolfpack in their last contest. Adam Grant was Bryants high scorer with 24 points on 9-for-16 shooting. North Carolina State had a much better turnover percentage (7.2 vs. 31.5). Bryant, meanwhile, had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.596 vs. 0.475).
Bryant might have a difficult time finding the bottom of the net as they battle against one of the nations best defenses. Since last season, Navy ranks 82nd in defensive efficiency while the Bulldogs rank 238th in offensive efficiency. Additionally, the Midshipmen, who rank 19th in offensive rebounding percentage (36.3 percent), will battle against the Bulldogs, who rank 278th in defensive rebounding percentage (68.8 percent).
The Midshipmen won the sole contest against the Bulldogs last season, 76-74. The Midshipmen played a nearly perfect game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.290 and a turnover percentage of 11.7. The Bulldogs were 0.100 and 17.9, respectively, for those same stats.
Navy Midshipmen at Bryant Bulldogs Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Bryant, ATS Winner – Bryant, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Midshipmen average 20.8 three pointers per game, which ranks 183rd in the nation. The Bulldogs rank 200th in three pointers allowed per game (21.8).
- Bryant ranks 263rd in blocks per game (2.1) while Navy ranks 270th (2.0).
- Navy ranks 11th in rebounds allowed per game (30.6) while Bryant ranks 253rd (37.5).
- The Bulldogs rank 112th in steals per game (6.6) while the Midshipmen rank 260th in steals allowed per game (7.6).
- Bryant ranks 111th in assists per game (14.3) while Navy ranks 146th in assists allowed per game (13.1).