Bell MTS Place plays host to a divisional tilt as the Winnipeg Jets face off against the visiting Nashville Predators. The match gets going at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 27, and you are able to catch it live on Fox Sports Tennesse.
Nashville Predators at Winnipeg Jets Odds
Winnipeg (-120) is currently favored over Nashville (+100) and the Over/Under (O/U) is set at 6 goals. The odds for betting the total sit at -120 money on the over and +100 on the under.
Nashville is 38-23 straight up (SU) and has earned moneyline bettors 8.9 units this year. 31 of its outings have gone under the total, while 30 have gone over and none have pushed. This 2017-18 Predators team is 16-13 SU on the road.
Nashville has converted on 22.9 percent of its power play opportunities this season, a mark that’s good enough for fourth-best in the league. Additionally, its penalty kill is ranked fifth overall, and it has successfully killed off 82.8 percent of all penalties.
For the team as a whole, the Preds have been penalized 4.6 times per game this season, and 3.6 per game over its last five road outings. The team’s had to kill penalties just 8.3 minutes per game over their last 10 outings.
Averaging 29.2 saves per game with a .929 save percentage, Pekka Rinne (32-13-4) has been the top option in goal for Nashville this year. If Nashville chooses to rest him, however, they may roll with Juuse Saros (6-11-5 record, .926 save percentage, 2.39 goals against average).
P.K. Subban and Viktor Arvidsson will both lead the way for the visiting Predators. Subban has 48 points on 15 goals and 33 assists, and has recorded multiple points in 12 different games. Arvidsson has 22 goals and 20 assists to his name (and has registered at least one point in 31 games).
On the other bench, Winnipeg is 37-25 straight up (SU) and has netted 8.2 units for moneyline bettors this year. 32 of its contests have gone over the total, while 28 have gone under and just two have pushed. It’s 23-8 SU as the home team this season.
The Jets currently have the third-strongest power-play unit in the NHL, as they’ve found the net on 24.5 percent of their extra-man opportunities this year. On the other hand, its penalty kill is ranked fifth overall, and it’s successfully killed off 82.8 percent of all opponent power plays.
Winnipeg players have been penalized 4.0 times per game in total this season, and 5.2 per game over their last five games. The team has had to kill penalties 12.4 minutes per game over their last five home outings.
Connor Hellebuyck has denied 27.6 shots per game as the top selection in goal for the Jets. Hellebuyck has 32 wins, 19 losses, and eight overtime losses and has registered a .924 save percentage and 2.32 goals against average this year.
The home team offense will be led by Blake Wheeler (18 goals, 54 assists).
Nashville Predators vs. Winnipeg Jets Betting Predictions
Free NHL Pick: SU Winner – Predators, O/U – Under
- Over Winnipeg’s last ten outings, seven of them have been decided by two or more goals (the team is 5-2 in those games).
- Nashville has scored 3.2 goals per game overall this season, but has upped that figure to 4.8 per contest over the team’s four-game winning streak.
- Power plays and penalty kills may prove to be extremely important in this matchup. The Predators are 15-5 in games where they serve fewer penalty minutes than their opponent and 19-12 when they’re in the box for fewer than 10 total penalty minutes. The Jets are 17-8 when they serve fewer penalty minutes than the opposition and 23-15 in games where they’re in the box for less than 10 minutes.
- Two of Nashville’s last ten games have been decided by a shootout. The team is 1-1 in those games and 5-5 overall in shootouts this season.
- The over has hit in four of Winnipeg’s last five games.
- Winnipeg skaters have averaged 14.4 giveaways over its last five home games, a rise over its season average of 10.2 giveaways per game (ranked 21st overall).
- Nashville is ranked 16th this season with 9.6 giveaways per game. That figure’s trended upward, as the team’s averaged 11.7 giveaways over its last 10 games and 13.4 giveaways over its last five.