The UT Martin Skyhawks (5-10, 1-3 OVC) and their outstanding offense host the Murray State Racers (11-5, 4-0 OVC) and their stifling defense. The game begins at 8:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 16, 2020.
Murray State Racers at UT Martin Skyhawks ATS Odds
In their last game, the Skyhawks were beaten by the Belmont Bruins, 85-78, while the Racers were victorious over the Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles, 81-69.
Murray State dominated every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.8 (better than their season average of 17.4) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 31.3 (below their season average of 32.1). Tennessee Tech was 21.3 and 25.8, respectively, for those same stats. UT Martin, on the other hand, did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (13-18; 72.2 percent). Quintin Dove had a good outing for UT Martin, recording 24 points and 14 rebounds. Anthony Smith, meanwhile fueled Murray State with 14 points and 10 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Smith led the Racers to an 89-76 victory. He notched a double-double with 17 points and 12 rebounds. The Racers’ 33.3 offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest advantage over the Skyhawks, who had a rate of 22.0.
This matchup pits one of the NCAA’s top offenses against one of its elite defenses. UT Martin ranks 39th in offensive efficiency and Murray State ranks 52nd in defensive efficiency. Also, the Racers rank 34th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.278), while the Skyhawks rank 32nd in opponents’ FTA rate (0.161).
Murray State at UT Martin Free Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Murray State, ATS Winner – Murray State, O/U – Under
- Murray State ranks 52nd in assists allowed per game (10.8) while UT Martin ranks 248th (17.6).
- The Racers rank 28th in steals allowed per game (5.3) while the Skyhawks rank 92nd (6.3).
- UT Martin ranks 95th in blocks per game (3.5) while Murray State ranks 138th in blocks allowed per game (4.2).
- The Racers rank seventh in rebounds allowed per game (29.3) while the Skyhawks rank 194th (36.9).
- UT Martin ranks 108th in three pointers attempted per game (23.1) while Murray State ranks 257th (17.6).
- The Racers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 17.2, up from 13.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Skyhawks have scored an average of 79.2 points per game (2.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 80.4 points per game (2.5 below their season average).